30Duck

The Matt isn't Mac Court, but it can be Great

Mac served its purpose, Matt is fine, just bring the juice.

Steve @ Matt 2.JPG

The Matt, MLK, will never be Mac Court, The Pit. The scoreboard won't shake. But I haven't seen any arena better to play basketball in these days. Cameron Indoor Stadium at Duke has a rep. But I feel like that's more just because Duke wins a lot more than any actual ambience.

I don't think that the student section is as involved as they were. The Pit Crew would plan out, ahead of time, things to do during the games. The general attending students were all expectant and ready to join in. As well, here are too many whiners now that limit what the attendees can do. 

Of course, the pandemic has truncated the numbers and the close proximity of the students to the players.

Finally, its because my wife and I live in SoCal now so we can no longer bring in the juice.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:52 PM, Steven A said:

Mac served its purpose, Matt is fine, just bring the juice.

Steve @ Matt 2.JPG

Cool photo Steven A!

Mr. FishDuck

If you cling to nostalgic hindsight, the glow blinds you even more with each passing year. Sure, Mac was great - we all loved it. I especially miss watching Wooden trying to disappear into his chair, and yelling sit down to Lute. But, we’ve got Matt now, and it can be just as good - if we let it.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Cool photo Steven A!

Notice all my fans in attendance?

• Haha 1