30Duck

Could Wisconsin's new OC have the Connection to get Caleb Williams?

This would be so awesome.  Yet I believe he had to enroll yesterday to be at USC?

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/29/2022 at 2:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I believe he had to enroll yesterday to be at USC?

That is what was reported, at the very least he is no longer eligible to participate in Spring Practice at USC. 

On 1/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, 30Duck said:

That is what was reported, at the very least he is no longer eligible to participate in Spring Practice at USC. 

I assume the deadline is set by the school so it can be waived by the school.  I'm certain USC could find a way.

Remember Mario had spring ball overlap winter and spring term.  Several kids enrolled for spring term and participated in half of the practice sessions.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:23 PM, McDuck said:

I assume the deadline is set by the school so it can be waived by the school.  I'm certain USC could find a way.

The Deadline seems to be the Deadline, but USC hasn't given up

That is one writers analysis, for another take

Let’s just review some possibilities:

Williams enrolled and USC did not announce it. Hardly implausible given the way USC limits information more and more these days.

Williams is being given a loophole to delay making a decision and still participate in the spring. What school wouldn’t do that?

Williams doesn’t care if he plays in the spring. If you said Williams is one of the top 2 QB’s in the nation, I wouldn’t argue. He already knows Lincoln Riley’s offense. What does he care if he misses spring?

• Thanks 1

At this point I don't care where goes. Please, just go away. Pick a school already will you? If the money is not on the table now it isn't going to show up and trump the deals you already have been offered.

I think Dart at Ole Miss could well have a bigger impact than this kid wherever he goes. Ditto JT Daniels.

• Like 1

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda interesting to see the CFB media Lincoln Riley lovefest start to lose some traction. Still think the Williams kid goes to the U of Spoiled Children,  but I agree it's a case of s*** or get off the pot on his decision at this point for the rest of us.

The drama continues.  Is Williams flirting with UCLA?  Has the allure of Wisconsin died out?  Can Lincoln Riley reel him in if Joe Brady returns to college coaching? And what about Oklahoma?

As the World Turns

Without Williams, the QB room at USC has, Miller Moss, a freshman, Mo Hassan a redshirt senior, and Keegan Patterson, a preferred walk-on.

• Like 1