Charles Fischer

Mario Cristobal was DISLOYAL to Miami? McClendon Has the Same Choice...

Hard to believe, but true. Just how do we interpret Mario's move to Alabama after only one month on the job at Miami?  Al Golden gave him a chance with the 'Canes to resuscitate his career after being fired, but...

Mario Cristobal Spurns Miami After A Month On The Job by Lt. Philip Nolan of State of the U

Bryan McClendon faces the same situation at Miami. Does he leave for Georgia? Would you? Here is a fictional phone conversation sent by a Duck-Buddy.

Imagine this uncomfortable lose-lose conversation:

McClendon's agent: "Mario, Bryan wants to be the full OC position. He doesn't want to be Co-offensive coordinator or just the WR coach."

Mario: "MC Agent, I hear you. You want Bryan to take full OC responsibilities."

McClendon's agent: "Right, Mario. We have the offer from Georgia to be their WR coach, and just like you bolted Miami after a month as TE coach for 'Bama in 2013, Bryan can bolt to Georgia. Bryan wants the OC position. Clearly, you're having problems filling it."

Mario: "First, MC Agent, I'm not having problems filling the position. I am being thorough. Second, What happened last time Bryan was OC?"

McClendon Agent: "You mean South Carolina?"

Mario: "Yes, what happened there?"

McClendon Agent: "What happened in your first head coach position, Mario? Did you learn anything?"

Mario: "I did. I learned I couldn't gamble on coordinators."

McClendon Agent: "Yet Oregon gambled on you when you were just an offensive line coach."

Mario: "Just an offensive line coach? Alex, did you hear that?"

Minnie Me: "I'm not listening."

McClendon's Agent: "Listen, Mario, Bryan got demoted, that's true. You got fired as a head coach."

Mario: "They didn't renew my contract."

McClendon's Agent: "They didn't renew your contract. So after not getting your contract renewed as head coach, Al Golden hired you at Miami as Tight Ends' coach, then you know the whole thing with Stoutland at Alabama going to the Eagles with Chip, and the OL position opening at Alabama and you bolted your alma mater for a position that was better."

Mario: "I got to work for Nick Saban."

McClendon's Agent: "And Bryan has a chance to work for the guy who just beat Nick Saban at Georgia. Soooo....?"

Mario: "So what?"

McClendon's Agent: "Bryan wants to be the Miami OC position today."

Mario: "Or he will bolt to the Dawgs?"

McClendon's Agent: "It's our option."

Mario: "Not very loyal, Mc Agent."

McClendon's Agent: "Just as loyal as you were to Miami in 2013 when you bolted after a month to Alabama, Mario. Bryan has an opportunity to coach with the No. 1 program in the nation right now. So what is it?"

Do you lose McClendon to Georgia or do you give him the OC post?

Golden Welcomes Cristobal Back To 'The U' - ItsAUThing.com — Formerly  allCanesBlog.com — It's All About 'The U'!

Mario when he was at Miami before...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

We have our answer already!

Georgia is Hiring Miami Co-Offensive Coordinator, Wide Receivers Coach Bryan McClendon by David Lake of Inside the U

So, just being a WR Coach at Georgia is better than WR Coach and Co-Offensive Coordinator at Miami with Mario?  Huh!  

Whoops!  Changed my mind...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

And now, the latest episode of Rocked Like a Hurricane…….

Canes fans are getting anxious as the “process” of MC hiring a coaching staff starts to look a $&#* show. The ink isn’t even dry on McClendon’s contract and he is out the door. 

Stark contrast to Lanning’s first gig as head coach and his ability to hire staff.

It is actually entertaining to watch

• Haha 1

Coaches making the jump to Miami...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I sent this link to Mario:

11 Signs You're a Bad Boss

• Haha 5