Charles Fischer

30Duck Wins the Conference Championship Prediction Contest!

He was the only one who predicted both LA and Cincy, which I applaud.  We will have a contest for the Super Bowl in a week and a half, and I think this may be even harder than the last ones to select.

Too bad Johnny Mundt is hurt as LA is down to their last Tight End...

Los Angeles Rams: Don't Write Off Tight End Johnny Mundt

Mr. FishDuck

Congrats. Great picks.

KC and Mahomes went in the tank after the STUPID move not to kick the FG at the end of the 1st half. And talk about great halftime adjustments on D. Happy to see Cincy back in the SB for the first time since I believe, 1988?

On 1/31/2022 at 10:40 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Happy to see Cincy back in the SB for the first time since I believe, 1988?

Yep, it could have been a trifecta for the Bengals and 49ers who faced each other in Super Bowls after the '81 and '88 seasons. Alas it wasn't to be. 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:40 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Congrats. Great picks.

KC and Mahomes went in the tank after the STUPID move not to kick the FG at the end of the 1st half. And talk about great halftime adjustments on D. Happy to see Cincy back in the SB for the first time since I believe, 1988?

For all the great things he has done....it was his moves that sunk the Chiefs; the throw to end the first half, the picks, and some other bad throws.  Even the best have a bad day...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/31/2022 at 2:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

For all the great things he has done....it was his moves that sunk the Chiefs; the throw to end the first half, the picks, and some other bad throws.  Even the best have a bad day...

Including the best coaches.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:17 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Including the best coaches.

Mahomes and Reid both took the blame, which is certainly better than the opposite. Mahomes was struggling early in the season with INT's and fumbles. In this play, he had Kelce open for a TD, but looked it off to throw to Hill. No explanation for that, then Mahomes tries, too late, to call a timeout that the Chiefs didn't have. On the other side, Joe Cool leads the Bengals back, to another playoff win on the road, with a halftime deficit. 

On 1/31/2022 at 4:15 PM, 30Duck said:

Mahomes and Reid both took the blame, which is certainly better than the opposite. Mahomes was struggling early in the season with INT's and fumbles. In this play, he had Kelce open for a TD, but looked it off to throw to Hill. No explanation for that, then Mahomes tries, too late, to call a timeout that the Chiefs didn't have. On the other side, Joe Cool leads the Bengals back, to another playoff win on the road, with a halftime deficit. 

An all-timer of a comeback. I reiterate, last weekend and this weekend was as good as the NFL can get. Mahomes disappeared in the 2nd half of this game like he did in the 2nd half of the first game vs Cincy. But for goodness sakes, kick the FG! BTW, how can the Bengals DC be so great in game planning vs KC in the 2nd half and clueless in the 1st half?

Opening line, Rams -3.5. 

On 1/31/2022 at 1:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Opening line, Rams -3.5. 

As expected, and I would guess, just what the Bengals, who've been underdogs through the playoffs, wanted. 

On 1/31/2022 at 4:25 PM, 30Duck said:

As expected, and I would guess, just what the Bengals, who've been underdogs through the playoffs, wanted. 

RAMS. 1st team in NFL history to play the conference champ game and the SB at home. Will Cincy's OL be able to hold up against that D?

On 1/31/2022 at 1:27 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Will Cincy's OL be able to hold up against that D?

Probably not. But Burrow has been hurried more, sacked more, than any QB all season. That should be a couple of stats that have a team under .500%, but here they are in the Super Bowl.

AND now we know why Tartt plays D.  Venus de Milo makes that pick!

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 1:31 PM, Steven A said:

AND now we know why Tartt plays D.  Venus de Milo makes that pick!

That one is gonna hurt forever, and I loved it!!

• Haha 1