Charles Fischer

Jon Wilner Says: "The Huskies Have a Damaged Brand"

Wowsa.  I don't have the article--from another site...

“The Huskies have crossed their collective fingers that Kalen DeBoer’s first recruiting class is sneaky-good. We’ll believe it when we see it, frankly.

For now, UW’s recruiting class doesn’t appear good enough — not nearly good enough — to support future success. Nor does it compare in quality to those of USC and Oregon, which also underwent coaching changes.

In our view, the Huskies have a damaged brand, both within Washington and across the Pac-12 footprint.

The speed of the salvage operation will determine the success of the DeBoer era once it matures in Years Three and Four“

"I'll just give that pooch

from Oregon a nudge...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Oh my, thank you Washington for being a fountain of happiness!

Husky's new chant---WE WANT MONTANA!!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Huskies were out-recruited by...

New Mexico

Kent State

Central Michigan

Georgia Southern

It's Gotta Hurt...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

In all reality, we need 4 good teams.  And we need one of those to be the huskies.  USC & Utah (UCLA?  LOL!!!).  OBD and, well, you know who per the previous sentence.

Do you remember what husky stadium is like when packed?  It's electric.  I get goose bumps thinking of it (not to mention it is hands down the stadium with the most beautiful vistas (don't start w/me on Memorial...you have to peak your head over the bowl to see the GGB which doesn't count.  And I *LOVE* that view so I'm giving a lot here in this sentiment)).  

BTW - double parens is a bad sign as a writer...suggests I should have broken the paragraph down a bit more but...meh.

True facts - I love husky stadium.  Not as much as Autzen which is the best college sports venue on the planet.  But on a Spetember/early October day with the flat light over Portage Bay, a little crispness in the air, and the waves of volume coming down from the stands...peak Seattle.

[Going with an edit] - 42 degrees, sideways rain because PNW baby!!!  That's cool too.

I'm not advocating they ever win, mind you.  Just be really good.  Like 10-1 good.

Come at me!

Edited by CalBear95

On 2/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, CalBear95 said:

And we need one of those to be the huskies

Sadly yes... Due to media market or else I would say wouldn't it be great.foe the state of Oregon to have both Oregon teams be relevant but the Oregon media market is pretty small. Oregon more than makes up for it due to our national brand and the swoosh but still. 

The PAC needs the huskies to be good to truly reel in those Seattle bucks... But there are few things more delicious than Husky tears. 

No...we don't need the Huskies to be good for something like 15 years to even up the rivalry numbers.  For now...I would like the Ducks to be the PNW champions...and the hated rival of USC in the national eye.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck