30Duck

No Respect: The Pac-12 Needs to be Livid

SSDD. Streaming alternative?

No respect? NFL draft guru D Jeremiah's top 50 CFB draft prospects: 6. KT, Edge, Oregon; 8 Lloyd, LB, Utah; 10 London, WR, USC; 13 McDuffie, CB, UW; 22 Gordan, CB, UW. 5 for the conference. Fewer than the number of Bama and UGA guys in the top 50.

Where have you gone O and DL guys, Larry Scott turns a lonely eye toward you?

I see no reason with the Pac-12 'standing still' expansion-wise, why we should expect to see anything else after the new round of media negotiations form the 'traditional' media. We need GK to be thinking outside of the media box. Otherwise, games will continue to be un-watched on the network and not watched east of Denver 'after dark.'

Broadcasting from the studio (before COVID) was the exclusive broadcast method of the Pac-12 network. But interference from 'truck whatever' was not.

And 'the Pac-12 guys' decided not to expand into the Central time zone and wipe out a competitor bidding for the same media rights in the process. SIGH!

Jon, I support you on this. It is beyond frustrating. The leadership in the PAC 12 has "no marbles" .

As the Larry Scott curtain is being revealed it is becoming more evident that the 12 dwarf presidents were the true decision makers. Or should I say the lack of decision makers. Many, if not all the dwarfs need to be eliminated from making athletic department decisions. It appears GK is just a figure head.

These decisions are a recipe for a few schools being poached from the PAC. Eventually schools who don't have top level donors will be left behind. Question is, which conference will poach the top teams from the PAC?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really very simple.  TV producers chase the greatest number of viewers.  You have to be reasonably intelligent to understand and follow football.  Any fool can watch and understand NASCAR.  There are far fewer smart people in the world than dumb people.

I was first introduced to this principle when I acquired a 25% interest in a local radio station in Coos Bay.  At the time the Marshfield Pirates, the local team, was a power in football.  I spoke with the manager about the importance of our broadcasts of the Marshfield games, and paying to get competent announcers.  She explained that the station, with a Rock format, lost listeners during the football broadcast.

I questioned that.  She got out the file with our latest ratings.  I was wrong.  Way wrong.

Those of us who follow sports have an exaggerated view of its importance to the general public.  Yes, the Super Bowl is high up there.  Other football, not so great.  And most other sports, not great either.  And posting messages on a college football board?  Well, let's just say we are a unique group.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

This is a colossal failure. Pac-12 needs to be livid.”

COMPLETELY unacceptable!  I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that FOX has breached their contract!  

On 2/5/2022 at 6:55 PM, Duckdude said:

This is a colossal failure. Pac-12 needs to be livid.”

COMPLETELY unacceptable!  I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that FOX has breached their contract!  

THIS is the contract Larry and friends agreed to that at the time was considered to be a great deal. This is why I advocate for the new deal to have streaming options. FOX owns 51% of the B1G network and operates same. You don't see 'this stuff'' when it comes to B1G CFB and CBB broadcasts on FOX.

The game was also on the FOX Business channel. I watched the whole game. FWIW I have Dish.

I live in Pennsylvania and I find it so difficult to follow the Ducks. With the sports package from Verizon, we can follow all the conferences, except the PAC 12. Maybe it is just me not doing the settings right, but streaming just doesn't come in with the same quality on our tv. "PAC 12 After Dark" may be a catchy marketing phrase, but it means that I will probably fall asleep before the first half is over!

Any game that starts at 10:00PM or later Eastern Time (which is most west coast games) is tough to watch. The PAC 12's media deals have cut them off from vast portions of the country and I think that is a major issue leading to disrespecting the conference, if for no other reason because people are not aware. Besides the Ohio State game this past year, most of my acquaintances have no idea how/what the Ducks or PAC 12 are doing.

I just found this site recently and it is keeping me updated on the Ducks! I've enjoyed catching up on all the happenings. I'm hoping these Lanning era Ducks will be on national tv more next season.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/6/2022 at 8:21 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I just found this site recently and it is keeping me updated on the Ducks!

Glad to see you join us, and do post often.  WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

The game was also on the FOX Business channel. I watched the whole game. FWIW I have Dish.

For Pac-12 coverage outside of the conference footprint, DISH is the best. Thanks for the heads up.

FOX loves NASCAR, but FOX NEWS hates any sport where you can't turn to the right. (KIDDING! Not intended to be political in any regard.)