Annie

NCAA.com Releases Way-Too-Early College Football Preseason Top 25

Promising, but, yes, way too early.

With the Ducks having a whole new coaching staff and a quarterback who will never have started a game for the Ducks I find it difficult to have any idea of how Oregon will do next season.

NCAA.com Releases Way-Too-Early College Football Preseason Top 25

Good point Annie. Too many unknowns at this point to have any idea how Oregon will do next season. The on field talent necessary to win big is in place. But games are won in the fall, on the field. Not in imaginary way to early polls.

Can Coach Lanning and staff help the players overcome the big time losses in their last 4 games? Those losses were beat downs. Can the coaches meld the talent into a team? The pieces are in place........

A win at Georgia and the Ducks are in the CFP discussion from week one. Go Ducks........... 

• Like 1

Thanks Annie. Oregon is up one spot from its ESPN ranking. I think A+M and Notre Dame are both way overrated. Both have new starting QBs. Notre Dame opens at Ohio State and A+M is at Bama. 

A+M takes the L in Tuscaloosa and it likely is not in the SEC champ game. I do not see A+M with but 1L; even with 1L I don't see A+M being the 2nd SEC team in the final 4?

Utah at 5 as up 2 from the ESPN ranking. Utah wins in Gainesville to open the season and Utah will be a legit playoff contender. Of course, playing at Oregon the penultimate week of the regular season instead of playing Dixie State at home will not help the Utes and the Pac-12's chance for a final 4 spot. WHEN, if ever, will the conference stop being its own worst enemy?

Ducks? I think the BYU game will decide whether Oregon finishes barely out side of the top 10.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pre-season rankings, like the Draft at the end of a season, are based on potential, and of course to fill space during the long months until the season starts.  There's not a lot of science involved in putting Alabama at No. 1.

It's not as good as getting Lanning as the new coach. But getting a QB like Nix, with his experience, at an SEC school, is the second best thing to happen to the Ducks this off-season. If he emerges as the starter, all is good. Should Thompson or Butterfield end up taking the snaps in the ATL, they have instant credibility. 

• Thumbs Up 2