Haywarduck

Every Player Should Watch This

Saban lays it out on why you need to be ready as the next man up. This will be another item which will make or break Oregon next season. Do we have the depth and is that depth ready to step up? Every player needs to be part of the process of being ready for tomorrow, next week, next month, next opportunity to become better, not just the outcome of showboating your skills. DJ Johnson is the poster boy for this mentality on the Oregon Football Team, and we will need more of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is probably a mom point of view, but one could also say that Saban didn't prepare the backups well enough....just sayin'.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Oregon actually did a pretty good job of this last year... a 10 win season with our injuries is actually quite insane. The biggest problem with our next man up players last year tended to be a youth problem. 

There were some schematic problems that I don't think worked but the Ohio State game was a prime example of great prep by back-ups. Just by the end of the season Oregon didn't have anyone left besides walk-ons. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/18/2022 at 2:04 PM, David Marsh said:

I think Oregon actually did a pretty good job of this last year... a 10 win season with our injuries is actually quite insane. The biggest problem with our next man up players last year tended to be a youth problem. 

There were some schematic problems that I don't think worked but the Ohio State game was a prime example of great prep by back-ups. Just by the end of the season Oregon didn't have anyone left besides walk-ons. 

I actually think you are right, and that is one of Cristobal's strengths. He had a way of keeping the athletes believing almost to the end. The recruits buy into his schtick, and then keep buying it. That is a gift, few have.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe that players loved to play for MC. I've read 3 articles by KT, McKinley and G Moore which confirmed so.

I also believe we are going to see similar if not better from DL and staff. With all of the things he is doing there's no other option.

I believe we are witnessing something new being created that will revamp CFB (especially coaching) probably just like CK did when he was here.

As Hayward has stated many times, this is the innovation the Ducks have in spades.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1