Jon Joseph

Singin' the Transfer Portal Blues

2 Pac-12 teams make ESPN's list of the 10 teams hurt the most from players transferring out: CAL and Colorado. Over 20 players have departed the CU program. CAL bringing in QB Plummer from Purdue is not considered to be that big of a deal. In 2021, Plummer lost the Boilermakers starting QB job.

Auburn is an unenviable No.1 in this ranking. Oklahoma comes in at No. 8. Largely the result of losing QB Caleb Williams and top WR Williams (no relation) to USC. USC remains in the hunt to score the best in-coming group from the portal.

I believe Washington State also has over 20 players transferring out.  Quick scan of the 247 portal listings show only four transferring in.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, McDuck said:

I believe Washington State also has over 20 players transferring out.  Quick scan of the 247 portal listings show only four transferring in.

But Cam Ward transferring into WA ST to play QB is likely a very good 'get?' And Ward's HC at Immaculate Word is also heading to Pullman to be the Cougars OC. Ward was named the best player in FCS in 2021; he threw for close to 5,000 yards!

On 2/22/2022 at 9:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

But Cam Ward transferring into WA ST to play QB is likely a very good 'get?' And Ward's HC at Immaculate Word is also heading to Pullman to be the Cougars OC. Ward was named the best player in FCS in 2021; he threw for close to 5,000 yards!

Could be another Gardner Minshew scenario.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:32 PM, kirklandduck said:

Could be another Gardner Minshew scenario.

Man, the Cougs fans would love that! I believe WA ST is coming into the season under ranked and underrated. I think the game in Pullman is going to be a witch.

• Like 1

Maybe this will cheer you up.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is the Transfer Portal only for football players, and can they only transfer once, without having to sit out a year?