FishDuck Article

Mens Basketball: Too Early to Prepare for Next Year?

I am pretty surprised as many of you are, as I thought this might be one of the most talent-laden teams ever under Head Coach Dana Altman coming into this season. I really thought we had the talent and experience to have a shot at the Final Four, while now we aren’t even in the First Four for the NCAA ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Jeez, seems like the same conundrum football had with AB.

The first ASU loss was right after ASU only scored 29 in their previous game, that was a real warning shot.

Early on, it seemed Altman was trying the transfers with Richardson and Williams.  Then he started using all the bigs and then switched to Dante as a starter.

So, I think he never got consistent with his rotation and now it is still jumbled and with Young and Harmon not as tall as some guards in the past, the D just isn’t there.

Plus on offense, it is lucky the refs can’t count to 3.

• Haha 1

It’d be nice to see more playing time for Bittle and Johnson, but…….where to get it from?  Dante and Franck need to develop, too…….Guerrier has been the only scorer in 2 out of the last 3 games.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:23 PM, Duckdude said:

It’d be nice to see more playing time for Bittle and Johnson, but…….where to get it from?  Dante and Franck need to develop, too…….Guerrier has been the only scorer in 2 out of the last 3 games.

The veterans have not been getting it done; split the post minutes in three and give a third (13) to Johnson. The 160 minutes to the other four positions have to be reduced by 40 minutes so Bittle and Soares get 20 minutes each, as I think the veterans have had their shot.  Kind of callous I know, but this is one disappointing team.  Even the Pac-12 Coaches felt Oregon would end up second in the conference...

Things don't always work out as planned...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

This season has definitely not gone as planned. In the Pac-12 Preseason Media Poll, UCLA was picked to finish in first place, Oregon second, USC was next, followed by a tie for fourth, Oregon State, and Arizona, who is currently No.2 in the country.

And last years Elite 8 Beevwads are one of the worst teams in the country.  LOL not good for the Pac but...

Arizona should be in a 3-year program suspension be here they are again...Tucson is not that great of a place to live.  I don't get it.

Altman had a certain assistant coach the whole Oregon tenure until this year...I wonder how much better he was than we think???  I can't even remember his name, he got a well deserved head coach gig

On 2/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, JDuck said:

Altman had a certain assistant coach the whole Oregon tenure until this year...I wonder how much better he was than we think???  I can't even remember his name, he got a well deserved head coach gig

Stubblefield?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, Steven A said:

Stubblefield?

Yes, now the head coach at DePaul. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2022 at 3:20 PM, 30Duck said:

This season has definitely not gone as planned. In the Pac-12 Preseason Media Poll, UCLA was picked to finish in first place, Oregon second, USC was next, followed by a tie for fourth, Oregon State, and Arizona, who is currently No.2 in the country.

While it feels like a disappointment, there is a very real possibility The Ducks still finish 2nd in the Conference. 

On 2/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

there is a very real possibility The Ducks still finish 2nd in the Conference. 

Yes, they could. Win the next 3, it could happen. 

That article did not age well!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck