30Duck

Ducks Get the Win, now they Need to Win the Next Game

• Thanks 1

I happy for the win, but sad for the way college basketball officiating has gone recently.  I'm not a fan of 80's-90's NBA basketball.  I know basketball is a physical game, but the last couple years it has gotten to be too much for me. 

Last night I saw multiple NHL hockey checks with not even a moment of pause from the official.  I don't need 100 points, but I'd like to watch basketball, not something like basketball.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:23 PM, Tandaian said:

I'm not a fan of 80's-90's NBA basketball.

Ah yes, Pat Riley's New York Knicks. It is a credit to Riley I suppose that he could go from coaching Magic Johnson's "Showtime" and then the 90's Knicks. But yes. One of the guys on the halftime show last night mentioned that the game was getting physical, and that would benefit UCLA. Well, it did, but Oregon was called for 12 fouls while UCLA had 18 and one player foul out.

It really is interesting to see how the season is working out for the Ducks, they have some big W's, 2 over UCLA, 1 and maybe another over USC. These put them in contention, and as they were winning those games, i didn't see them playing amazing basketball. I saw them playing well, defending, they looked like they belonged with the Bruins and trojans, and they looked like they belonged with No.2 Arizona, before losing at the end.

But what has Oregon on the bubble is those L's to Cal, and at Colorado and twice to ASU? How did those happen? Change those to W's and the Ducks are where we expect them to be this time of the season. 

Great win by the Ducks!  42 points scored by the guards!  Guard production has usually meant a Duck win, this year.  Will is good support to the team/not so good when the team leans on him as “main man”.   Not overlooking great contributions by Dante and Franck!  They were awesome, too!  Walton even said Dante is gonna be in the NBA!  Bill oughta know a little bit about what that takes!

’Sco Ducks!!!

Just read an article by Jay Billas a talking head for ESPN. He's got a top 68 list and the Ducks are 40ish team in the country. Sorry can't remember exactly. 

On 2/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, Duck 1972 said:

He's got a top 68 list and the Ducks are 40ish team in the country.

Iis his projection the 68 best teams, or who he thinks makes the tournament?  Problem with being one of the best 68 is that due to the auto bids going to teams that aren't in top 100 due to league affiliations, you aren't necessarily in. That is why Lombardi is more reliable. 

• Thanks 1