30Duck

Fentress Doesn't Like Mariota's New Number

New start...maybe a new number fits?

Mr. FishDuck

I keep wishing that Mariota follows a Jim Plunkett path. Plunkett won the Heisman at Stanford and then had no success in the NFL until he landed at Oakland. Leading the Raiders to the Super Bowl was the stuff of legend. The NFL is a much different beast than 40-50 years ago, so that's probably wishful thinking on my part.....but I'd sure like for Marcus to see some genuine success.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, Badwater said:

I keep wishing that Mariota follows a Jim Plunkett path. Plunkett won the Heisman at Stanford and then had no success in the NFL until he landed at Oakland. Leading the Raiders to the Super Bowl was the stuff of legend. The NFL is a much different beast than 40-50 years ago, so that's probably wishful thinking on my part.....but I'd sure like for Marcus to see some genuine success.

Because Jim P was drafted by 'my Patriots,' along with Randy the Rabbit Vataha, out of college. He finally escaped and played to the level of his ability. The only guy worth a whip on those Pats teams was OG Hannah, out of Alabama.

I hope you are right and the same thing that happened with Plunkett happens for MM. But MM is headed to a team that needs a massive rebuild. The Raiders back then was a decent football team.

Plunkett spent so much time on his back playing for the then Pats that at game's end he was taken off the field by the Red Cross.

• Thumbs Up 1