30Duck

How Oregon Can "Steal" 5 Star DL Lebbeus Overton

Right now, I'd rather get a 5 Star DL than a 5 Star OL anyway.

454398850.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A new report from 247Sports shows that Dan Lanning and the Ducks are in a great position when it comes to the recruitment of...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good gosh we need him, and would be a pretty incredible victory for the staff!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Looking back, the Ducks have had several exceptional defensive linemen over the past 20 years. The problem has always been that we have never had a continuous flow of DL stalwarts into the program. Let's hope Dan-Lan can break that pattern...in a positive way.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, WiseKwacker said:

Looking back, the Ducks have had several exceptional defensive linemen over the past 20 years. The problem has always been that we have never had a continuous flow of DL stalwarts into the program. Let's hope Dan-Lan can break that pattern...in a positive way.

Or there is some problem with the defense where those big defensive linemen don't get to thrive. This last year KT's struggles could mostly be linked to a secondary that always gave an out route to the QB so KT never had the time to really get after the QB because the ball would be long gone before he could get there. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, David Marsh said:

Or there is some problem with the defense where those big defensive linemen don't get to thrive. This last year KT's struggles could mostly be linked to a secondary that always gave an out route to the QB so KT never had the time to really get after the QB because the ball would be long gone before he could get there. 

I always thought that MCs conservative coaching was reflected in both offense and defense. Our DBs mostly played 5 to 7 yards off their receivers and their first move was to back peddle. David you hit the nail directly on the head. I think that MC style of defense is gone forever at the University of Oregon. If our DBs can give our DLine just a bit more time to get to the QBs they will indeed do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, David Marsh said:

Sorry Dave that guy should have been better regardless of the secondary. Also we've all heard about the stuff that came out of his mouth which was very eye opening. He has talent yet he showed us that he really didn't bring it all the time and I and that's just me was very dissapointed in his play.

Both those Utah games were extremely hard to watch from a team way more talented. Also he quit on his team when he wouldn't play in the ALAMO Bowl. The guy was getting paid to play. I will not root for him ever because i just can't root for quiters. Not my MO. Would you want a guy like that in your fox hole?

• Thumbs Up 1

I am vacilating between your ideas of maybe once he got the money he was different.

But I also remember seeing him exhausted after several games like UCLA, OSU, Stanford and WSU. 

His injury was a high ankle sprain that is one of the more difficult to overcome.