FishDuck Article

It’s Spring…and Why I’m Excited for the Oregon Spring Game!

I’m the guy who, upon learning that Texas A&M was paying offensive lineman $50,000 each for NIL said: “That’s it, I’m through with college football.” You see, I don’t watch much NFL, (Justin Herbert excepted), because I think many of the players are not in great physical condition and that they take plays off. I stayed away from FishDuck.com for ...

Spring-Game-2017_Gary-Breedlove-300x300-
FISHDUCK.COM

m the guy who, upon learning that Texas A&M was paying offensive lineman $50,000 each for NIL said: "That's it, I'm through with college football." You see...
  • Thumbs Up 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Mike, I think you state well the excitement that many of us are feeling, although seeing so many great quotes does get the juices going further.  Thanks for the guest article!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Agree with Mr. Whitty and Charles, we can all get off our porches and enjoy Oregon Football for a few more years. We can pine for the past and lament about the future, but as the spring game nears it is time to renew our excitement about the now! 

We still have talent on the field such as Noah on defense and Ryan Walk on offense who deserve our respect and admiration. There are also many more on the roster working towards our esteem. With a new coaching staff, and solid support from the alumni there is great hope amongst this group of young men, and they deserve our attention.

While we may still want to threaten some programs with a boycott of that attention, the Oregon Football Program deserves our approbation and appreciation. Well written and thought out post, thanks!

Thank you for an inspirational article on Oregon football.  Spring is hope eternal. 

You gave us lots of things to hope for and watch as the Dan Lanning era begins on the practice field!

The FishDuck writers add another great member to their group.  Welcome Mike!

• Like 1

Thanks Mike for a great article.  Does anyone know if the spring game will be televised?  I live on the East coast.

Thanks, Go Ducks!

It is only on the Pac 12 channel, but I might be able to find a way to get a copy of the game to you.  😉

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/31/2022 at 10:56 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It is only on the Pac 12 channel, but I might be able to find a way to get a copy of the game to you.

Thanks Charles!

Thanks Mike. 

1 minor correction, Texas is paying each OL guy $50K a season; this would likely represent a pay cut for A+M OL guys?

I too was turned off in regards to NIL being used to induce recruits and transfers to attend a given school. But this is the CFB world in which we live today. So, while not grinning, I am going to do my best to bear it. 

Lots of excitement surrounding the new coaching staff, no doubt. I have high hopes for Dan et al, but I do want to see the hyperbole show up on the field of play. 

In response to the comments regarding Larry's Loser Network, something has to be done ASAP to make the network financially viable or to make it go away via filing BK. The Network is a functionally insolvent albatross that has helped to drag the conference down from the day it opened for business.

With the conference deciding to remain 'as-is,' I see no way in which to grow subscriptions to the network and turn it into the black. But that's GK's and not my job.

So, spot on Mike, rather than acting annoyed, let's enjoy.

• Like 1