30Duck

Is Ware Going to be the Answer to Oregon's BIG Dreams?

• Thanks 1

Prehm makes a good point; it takes a year or so to become a dominant force.  None of those guys started that way...  (Well, Bol Bol wasn't around long enough for us to see)

Jordan Bell

Jordan Bell_CS_FP.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Bell, Bol Bol, Bouchet, Wooten, all great Ducks. But I'm hoping for BIg, as old school as today's game permits. The best that, Bell, and Wooten offered was on D, and Bol wasn't a in the paint, back to the basket Center, neither was Bouchet.

The closest Oregon has, and he isn't there yet, is Dante becoming a Deandre Ayton, now starting for the Phoenix Suns. I look forward to having a 5 who is a legitimate threat to score inside, which would lead to making scoring from outside even easier. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Better than Jerry Adams? I will need to be convinced of that....

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love for Tuck to be right, but best big man starting game 1?  That is a huge ask for any high school kid coming into college.  Dante and Bol Bol were right around Ware's recruit rankings.  I can't say either were the best big man game 1.  I wouldn't mind Ware being considered the best big man by the end of the season though!

On 4/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, 30Duck said:

Bell, Bol Bol, Bouchet, Wooten, all great Ducks. But I'm hoping for BIg, as old school as today's game permits. The best that, Bell, and Wooten offered was on D, and Bol wasn't a in the paint, back to the basket Center, neither was Bouchet.

The closest Oregon has, and he isn't there yet, is Dante becoming a Deandre Ayton, now starting for the Phoenix Suns. I look forward to having a 5 who is a legitimate threat to score inside, which would lead to making scoring from outside even easier. 

Yes, Dante was getting better toward the end of the season about fumbling and losing the ball when thrown inside to him. But we have not seen any semblance of a midrange shot that Ayton has.  Dante's got some work to do over the summer - free throws, short shots, etc.  Not likely, but if Ware already has these tools (I have no idea yet), then he might give Dante a run for his money, even in the beginning of next season.

• Thumbs Up 1