30Duck

Current RB Coach Reaches Out to Coach Campbell, 'The Standard'

Since Coach Campbell is the best position coach in Oregon history this makes a lot of sense. 

Photo-Apr-12-12-36-54-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“It’s my job to get that room back to the standard.” Oregon RB coach uses connection with Ducks’ legends to elevate current...

• Like 3

Meaningful!

"As he looks toward the future, Locklyn knows that he can learn a lot from the past. In Eugene, there is a great history of successful running backs that spans decades into the past. They’ve set the standard for what it means to be great players and great men, mentored by the legendary Gary Campbell."

'It’s on me to get that room back to the standard.'

• Thumbs Up 1

This is why he's got 3 players in the NFL right now. He's tough but fair. My kinda coach.

Brilliant, respect and esteem for the tradition and accomplishments of the past greats. The amazing steps this staff are taking continue to amaze, and give me great pause, to appreciate.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, Haywarduck said:

The amazing steps this staff are taking continue to amaze, and give me great pause, to appreciate.

Exactly! There hasn't been an instance, much less, an incident from Lanning and his coaches that have raised an eyebrow, except on the faces of UW and USC. Aside from chronologically challenged, Lanning's staff is running like a well oiled machine. 

Was anyone ever handed a better group of assistant coaches than was Chip Kelly?

Maybe Sabin, Chizik or Crocker. But continuity is a double edged sword. Things can go stale as they did.