30Duck

Seven McGee: 'He Blew Me Up!'

"If you want the rock, you gotta block"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

The first word said it all.

Noah weighs about 50% more than Seven and he didn't back down, went down, but didn't back down, well done!

Between the shear power of Noah and the quickness and strength of Flowe, the RB's and QB's have to be accounting for these two at all times. That and the stunts with our safety's and db's, it is going to be fun to watch the havoc created! A melee without delay will be what we are watching.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seven sounds like a smart version of DAT.  Hopefully we're able to use him in a similar way and have a wide-open attack.  DAT was not the sharpest tool in the drawer - will never forget the non-block and running ahead of MM in the crucial Stanford game, NEVER!

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, Graziani93 said:

Seven sounds like a smart version of DAT.  Hopefully we're able to use him in a similar way and have a wide-open attack.  DAT was not the sharpest tool in the drawer - will never forget the non-block and running ahead of MM in the crucial Stanford game, NEVER!

DAT was football smart with the ball, and we should all be grateful for that. I have no criticism of Dat when all is said and done, just some amazing memories.

As for Seven, trying to jump over Gonzo was questionable at best in the first half of the spring game.  If he tries to jump over players in a real game he better be ready to get rag dolled. A goal line dive I do want to see, something we haven't had in the backfield for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2022 at 3:36 PM, Haywarduck said:

DAT was football smart with the ball, and we should all be grateful for that. I have no criticism of Dat when all is said and done, just some amazing memories.

As for Seven, trying to jump over Gonzo was questionable at best in the first half of the spring game.  If he tries to jump over players in a real game he better be ready to get rag dolled. A goal line dive I do want to see, something we haven't had in the backfield for a while.

I need football smart with or without the ball. Look at the highlights of that play. 

Not gonna blame the whole loss on DAT, but man, we needed that touchdown.  We went on to lose the game 14 - 17 in overtime and basically missed out on going to the national championship game that year.

Edited by Graziani93

On 4/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, Graziani93 said:

I need football smart with or without the ball. Look at the highlights of that play. 

Not gonna blame the whole loss on DAT, but man, we needed that touchdown.  We went on to lose the game 14 - 17 in overtime and basically missed out on going to the national championship game that year.

Saw it when it happened, promised myself I would never watch it again. I will watch DAT's touchdown runs over and over though! Like this one, one of my favorites.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 4/25/2022 at 5:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

Saw it when it happened, promised myself I would never watch it again. I will watch DAT's touchdown runs over and over though! Like this one, one of my favorites.

You're right, that was a beautiful run-back (same 2012 season too, I believe). I guess we all do good and bad in life, it's just that one hurt so much. Anyway, hopefully Seven will produce many of your type of highlights this season!

Edited by Graziani93
  • Let’s hope! 1

I have to think that DAT was speeding up to try and get the angle to get a block on No 31 just before the goal line and thought that Marcus already had the other defender beat.  

there were so many mistakes in that game. This is just the one that comes front and center every time. DAT probably takes too much grief for it. 

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1