Charles Fischer

Kenjon Barner COULD Play in the Super Bowl

He has been activated off the Injured Reserve list for Tampa Bay and can be activated to play, although I doubt we see him today.  His number with the Bucs is No. 44, and this article below tells us more...  (To play in the Super Bowl...the Bucs would have to beat Green Bay today, and that is going to be a dandy game)

Former Oregon Ducks RB Kenjon Barner returns from IR for Tampa Bay by NBC Sports NW

Kenjon Barner 2012_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

That will be great if Kenjon can play in the Super Bowl. The Duck In A Super Bowl Streak will reach 9 this year, whether Kenjon gets in with the Buccaneers or Jake Hanson and the Packers. 

Hanson_Utah2017_EE.JPG

giphy.gif    Now that is interesting. 

Ironic that Kenyon is still playing, but LaMichael washed out so long ago!  Surprising LaMichael didn’t have more of an NFL career.

I have never understood that with the speed of LMJ and his toughness.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Kenyon has had running, receiving, kickoff and punt return touchdowns during his four year career at Oregon.  He was a solid return man even after sustaining a concussion while awaiting the ball during a punt in a 2010 WSU game.  Throughout 2010 to 2011 he was the primary back up to LMJ, before taking over the starting role and having an outstanding 2012 season. As far as Oregon running backs are concerned, he is ranked 3rd, below Royce Freeman, LMJ and above Derek Loville.  Pretty impressive company, if you ask me.

13 hours ago, Duckdude said:

Ironic that Kenyon is still playing, but LaMichael washed out so long ago!  Surprising LaMichael didn’t have more of an NFL career.

Kind of what I’ve been saying about the Ducks smaller backs and receivers.
When you get to the top, play the best teams, and definitely in NFL, the physics matters.

LMJ didn’t have Kenyons bulk. 

it’s hard to stay healthy in the NFL even if you’ve got the body. If you don’t, most don’t survive or even make it there in the first place.