30Duck

Could Marcus be Starting For A New Team In 2021?

Along with new coaches, there could be several teams with new quarterbacks next season. The Bears aren't thrilled with Trubisky, or Foles. Rivers just retired in Indianapolis. Is it going to work out in Dallas with Prescott? Stafford wants out from Detroit, Marcus could take over for Cam in New England. This story looks at how it makes sense for Marcus to be a Giant. from heavy.com

Marcus Mariota, Raiders

Interesting article and it is great to see there are so many openings that could fit for Marcus.  I do not know the OCs well enough to know who would alter their offense to fit Marcus the way Gruden did...or make Mariota fit theirs?

Mr. FishDuck

Mariota still has "game" in him. That is what makes the difference.

giphy.gif

The raiders are wasting Mariota... By nfl standards Mariota does need some polish and some more confidence.

But in the one game he had the opportunity to play in he didn't let his team down. The raiders defense did but Herbert is pretty good too. Though Mariota fought hard and showed his skills. 

Here's hoping he finds a place to play, whether that is in Vegas or elsewhere.

Though it does look like Anthony Lynn (former charges hc) was hired as the OC in Detroit. So maybe steer clear of Detroit. 

24 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

Though it does look like Anthony Lynn (former charges hc) was hired as the OC in Detroit.

And this is why Detroit is the team that hasn't been in the playoffs for the longest time, and has never played in the Super Bowl. Anthony Lynn as OC? Loretta Lynn would be better, and yes, Duck QB's, stay far away from Detroit!

I would love to see Mariota with the Patriots. I actually thought the Pats should have picked him up when he was a backup at Tennessee. I think he would have done better than supersham.

Mariota would be an upgrade to almost any team.  The Rams could really use him in place of Goff!

23 minutes ago, Duckdude said:

Mariota would be an upgrade to almost any team.

It would be an upgrade in Las Vegas if he stayed and just replaced Carr. It would be fun if he took over the Rams from Goff too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There are a lot of teams where Marcus would be an upgrade, some significantly so. He could even be brought in to tutor a younger QB, although the demands now are if you use an early pick on a QB you have to start them right away. If Jacksonville drafts Trevor Lawrence and brings in Marcus it would be fun to watch him with Urban Meyer.

Or it could wind up like the Dolphins with them basically forced to play Tua while Ryan Fitzpatrick was on fire. They figured out pretty quick that Tua’s “It Factor” consisted of having five first round WRs, two first round RBs, and several first round offensive linemen. 

I still wish that Chip would have traded whatever it took to move up in the draft and take Marcus. Chip gets Marcus and keeps LaSean McCoy and maybe things wind up drastically different for both. 

MM is getting a lot of interest these days. It will be up to the Raiders on his future but I would suspect he will get the opportunity to once again shine. 

Mariota can run but he really needs to stop doing that unless he has to. He has a great arm and the legs to buy time for throws. He doesn't have to put his body on the line to win games. I hope he changes that part of his game or he's never going to play a full season in the league. I'm frustrated because his arm is great and he doesn't even have to run to show his greatness.  

Hope he lands at a team with a good OL - that probably takes out the patriots and bears.