30Duck

Will Oregon's NFL Top-10 Draft Streak End with Thibodeaux? No. The Streak Lives!

I think the streak continues this season with Thibodeaux, but I think it's quite possible it ends next season. Typically QB's, Offensive Tackles and Edge Rushers lead the way. I don't think we have a prospect in those categories that would be off to the NFL next season.  DJ Johnson is probably our best bet and he's going to have to have an Aiden Hutchinson type season to garner that kind of attention. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't know that it's likely...

Edited by Wrathis

I say no.

Still top 10. Edge rusher is a premium and there's alot of smoke out there 

On 4/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, shawnski said:

I say no.

Still top 10. Edge rusher is a premium and there's alot of smoke out there 

A Mercury News reporter who covers the 49ers has KT going #1 tonight!

I say Thibs is a NY Giant and goes at 7.

Next year could be iffy. Bo Nix has two years of eligibility and his performance this year will dictate whether or not he declares in '23 or '24. Noah Sewell could definitely wind up a top 10 draftee next year if he has another good season; but he'll have to stand out over OLs and EDGE guys which definitely come at a premium. I'm fine with him falling to the Chargers 🙂

As Pac-12 guru Jon Wilner of the Mercury News has pointed out, if the Pac-12 wants to improve its recruiting it has to improve in the NFL Draft.

1st Round - 2019-2021 -

SEC - 36

B1G - 19

ACC - 16

Pac-12 - 9

B12  - 8

In the middle of the last decade the Pac-12 had 9 guys taken in the 1st round in a single draft.

Tonight does not bode all that well but it does bode better. 4 players should go in the 1st round and it could be 5?

Tonight does bode well for UGA that could have 5 and even 6 guys go in the 1st round! Heck of a D Dan was coaching.

Done!  #5 matching his uni.

Hell yah.