Steven A

Jon Wilner's Pac-12 Stock Report

He is always a good read.

LDN-L-USC-FBC-0912-KB15.jpg?w=640
WWW.MERCURYNEWS.COM

The Pac-12 had a positive experience on Day One of the NFL Draft, with four selections — more than it has produced in years.

Thanks for the post Steven A.

THIS speaks for itself: "Schultz is one of the few (Pac-12) university presidents who not only takes an interest in football but understands the sport -"

I watched the Wazzu Spring Game.

The QB transfer from Immaculate Word, Cam Ward, sure looks like the real deal running the same O he played in at IM under his former HC, who is now the WSU OC.

Heading to Pullman to play these Cougars after playing the BYU Cougars in Autzen could be a witch?

On 4/29/2022 at 1:05 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The QB transfer from Immaculate Word, Cam Ward, sure looks like the real deal running the same O he played in at IM under his former HC, who is now the WSU OC.

I'm sure you're right. WSU has had high level consistency at QB for a long time. It doesn't matter the coach or the player, every game it seems they go 55-70, 560 yards. But somehow the Cougars have not won consistently, they haven't even been able to take control of the Apple Cup. much less the North. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A couple of things: Wilner gives Lanning a "Failing" because Oregon won't have the talent on defense next season that Lanning had at Georgia. C'mon John, every school except maybe Alabama would get that every season.

I also didn't get the F in basketball either. Yes, Guerrier and Richardson both made themselves available for the NBA Draft. But it's a move to see what it looks like for them, both are able, and likely to return, and it hardly means that we need to take a look at Altman's touch with transfers...Barthelemy just transferred from Colorado, and he and Guerrrier are looking forward to playing together. 

I give Wilner an F

• Thumbs Up 3

Wilner seems to often skew Duck-skeptical in the off season.  Then, once we show up in conference play, he says we "overachieve" rather than he misjudged.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wilner is a joke

• Thumbs Up 1