Coach Eric Boles

Anthony Brown Is Returning To Oregon For 2021 Season

Looks like Anthony Brown is going to return to Oregon for one more season. I think he, and the rest of the QB room going through an entire off-season with Coach Moorhead is going to make for good competition. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For him to come back, he must have some assurance that there will be a true chance to compete to start.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, PlumbersQuack said:

For him to come back, he must have some assurance that there will be a true chance to compete to start.

I would agree with that.

AB exudes confidence. 

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Iowa State

With Brown returning, does that make quarterback his position to lose? Read some more about it here, and then offer your own comments. from sportsnorthwest.com

This is good news. I don't think it means anything about the QB room except that Moorhead has options and depth.

Very good news. It's going to be a fun spring and summer. Hopefully, there will be unity in the room, with everyone helping everyone.

IMO Brown has a good chance to play again, however it would be in tandem as last season. Brown is not going to improve any more than he is now because he's had many years of field play and this is as far as he has advanced during that time. Nothing is going happen to all of a sudden make him the shining star in the barn. 

Brown showed tremendous improvement each year at BC. Limited in efficiency ceiling there by the dinosaur offense that they were running. 

My eye test isn’t worth much, but for me he has that smooth, graceful movement that good QBs have. Tyler has it at times, but he also looks like a baby giraffe on ice too often.

4 hours ago, BigDucksFan said:

IMO Brown has a good chance to play again, however it would be in tandem as last season. Brown is not going to improve any more than he is now because he's had many years of field play and this is as far as he has advanced during that time. Nothing is going happen to all of a sudden make him the shining star in the barn. 

I think that was the same thought on Joe Burrow before his last year. We are not going to know ABs ceiling "at oregon" until he gets a couple of fulls games in.