mrspenney

Ex-UCLA Alumni Prez: Bruins to go 'Full Blast' Into NIL

He told me that UCLA has decided to get full blast into the NIL fiasco that we are all witnessing.  A significant player will be Casey Wasserman who is also chairman of the LA Olympic Game bid. He is as big a player as anyone on the SC team, and certainly is a major player in the athletic world of Southern California.  

They will give SC some real competition down here.  The athletic department at UCLA was very instrumental in forcing Kelly to hire some very able recruiters as new assistant coaches, led by Ken Norton Jr.  

If the conference is going to return to respectability It's important for UCLA to be a strong program along with the Huskies (I hate to print that).  It's not going to help the conference next football season to have ASU flat on their rears, but I don't think there's much choice there.  I do expect UCLA to be a top 20 ranked team next season, particularly when you look at how weak their schedule is.  

Some may not like it, but if the conference is going to regain respectability it's important to have a significant number of teams have good seasons.

A sleeper in this NIL issue I believe to be Stanford.  I will not be surprised to a group of very wealthy alums from Stanford step up to bat and become major players in this NIL fiasco.

• Thumbs Up 2

Believe it when I see it. 

West coast people just aren't that interested, especially those in California. 

Sure they'll jump on the wagon when everything is great. But being part of the solution? Naw 

On 5/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, mrspenney said:

If the conference is going to return to respectability It's important for UCLA to be a strong program along with the Huskies (I hate to print that).  

Some may not like it, but if the conference is going to regain respectability it's important to have a significant number of teams have good seasons.

And I hate to see it printed, mrspenney, but you are correct.  Seattle represents the largest market in the North.

I just can’t see the Heiney-sniffers doing better than 3rd in the north, and 4th is more likely.

The financial potential of those schools is just enormous, thus the price of West Coast recruits just went up!  For some, it will rain money....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck