Jon Joseph

Commissioner Kliavkoff and Others' Reactions to Addison Entering Portal and Other CFB Issues

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0504%2Fr1008508_
WWW.ESPN.COM

What does Jordan Addison's seismic move to the transfer portal say about college football in 2022?

The Addison decision to transfer has been roundly discussed on the Forum.

This article includes a brief opinion of George Kliavkoff on the Addison situation. Basically, GK believes that if the NCAA can't regulate the improper use of NIL and the transfer portal, than a smaller group will have to do so. This follows GK's line of thinking when it comes to the playoff. Does the playoff really need an 11 person committee?

Pitt is the defending ACC Champion. Pitt nurtured Addison to the point where the young man won the 2021 Biletnikoff Award. Yet, Addison is in the portal.

He is there to make money playing football in 2022 and to find a place to play that, with his Pitt QB Pickett drafted by the Steelers, improve his chances of being among the top draft picks in 2023.

A resolution to all of these issues will come in one form or another. But GK for one is not optimistic that any relief will be coming from the NCAA. 

Personally, I think Addison in the portal says one heck of a lot about the administration of the game and the loyalty of players and head coaches.

However, Addison leaving Pitt significantly hurts Pitt, but I don't believe his transfer is likely to decide the teams that make this season's final 4. 

• Thanks 1

Guess I can't say too much as we also brought in a lot of players.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:46 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Guess I can't say too much as we also brought in a lot of players.

And lost a lot of players. Including Dye who was not a national award winner but was one of the better RBs in the conference.

It's Dye's life but he evidenced ZERO loyalty to Oregon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm starting to believe Dye didn't fit into our future plans. He was MC guy. From the looks of it all the backs we now have have break away speed along with all the attributes of Dye. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, Jon Joseph said:

It's Dye's life but he evidenced ZERO loyalty to Oregon.

I get the feeling Troy's brother's transfer was in no small part due to him succumbing to the aphorism "Happy wife (at the time future), happy life."  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, Jester said:

I get the feeling Troy's brother's transfer was in no small part due to him succumbing to the aphorism "Happy wife (at the time future), happy life."  

I get the feeling: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, Jester said:

I get the feeling Troy's brother's transfer was in no small part due to him succumbing to the aphorism "Happy wife (at the time future), happy life.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I get the feeling: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Perhaps a little bit of both, and lets' be honest, the combination of those two elements can make a fella pretty happy.  

• Thumbs Up 1