Smith72

Kenjon Barner: 300 Yards 5 TDs vs USC

My favorite line by the sportscaster: "They not only wear you down physically, but wear you down mentally."

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

My favorite Duck back. That was a truly great game by a great college back. The hit he took up at WSU, cheap shot I might ad, set his career back but this guy had the perfect body type and speed for college football. By the way the O line and receivers blocked their arses off in that one. 

Thanks Smith for the flashback.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Totally agree.  KB was the poster boy for the disciplined, patient back who understood the playbook and how to utilize his blocks, when to shift gears, and trust the system. He was so good he could make perfect look almost boring - almost.

• Thumbs Up 2

I watched that game in an Irish sports bar in Jerusalem with a small group of fellow pilgrims from Eugene. Started at 1am local time and they had to kick us out at 4am, just as the 4th qtr was starting. Missed all but the last few minutes of the 4th when we got back to the hotel and wifi, but what a great ending and game it was. Against USC. Be still my beating heart. A copy of it has never left my DVR.

KB was such a joy to watch. Great competitor and person, to boot. Patiently waited his turn behind LaMike. He has had a better pro career and three Super Bowl rings as well. 

Thanks for posting that, Smith72

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Great memories. Went to that game. My buddy bought tickets right in the middle of a bunch of cocky USC fans. That day, Kenyon completely silenced those guys. The best part is the cocky fans got cranky, and then left early.

Career day for him in the Coliseum.

Thank You Kenyon. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember that game well...USC for whatever reason, thought the way to win was to get into a shootout with Oregon 🤔 

• Thumbs Up 2

Loved both Kenjon and LaMichael.  Both were just outstanding college running backs.  Hoping one of our incoming backs can be just  close to as good to as either of these guys.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

The final score of this memorable game, played in the Coliseum on November 3, 2012, was Oregon 62, USC 51.

Marcus Mariota passed for 304 yards, including 4 touchdowns; the Ducks ran for 426 yards, including 321 yards for Barner and 96 yards for Mariota. The Ducks also racked up 65 kick-return yards. 

The Trojans don't score 51 points at home very often and lose. (In fact, I'm not sure if it's happened more than this one time.) I was at the 2010 game in Los Angeles when Oregon beat USC 53-32, a Ducks defensive gem by comparison.