Smith72

Noah Sewell Headlines Oregon Defense at Money Backer

Super Duck!

AAY0Y8u.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f
WWW.MSN.COM

With spring practice over, The Oregonian/OregonLive is reviewing Oregon’s depth chart position by position. We continue...

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haven't seen all the linebackers in college football for this coming year, but it's hard to imagine a better linebacker than Noah Sewell. 

He's a big, strong, athletic player, aggressive, strong hitter and tackler, and plays smart. 

That's a great anchor for the D. With Lanning and Lupoi putting their collective heads together to scheme ways to unleash his potential on opposing offenses, it's going to be fun to watch!

• Thumbs Up 5

We should have an over/under on how many players, including himself,  he knocks senseless or out during the season. 

My guess is 7.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel
On 6/3/2022 at 2:30 PM, Just Ducky said:

My guess is 7.

My guess is 7 1/2, because there will be a halfwit Husky in the mix.

I wonder about the talking points if Flowe had stayed healthy. Hopefully this year we will find out. 

• Great post! 1

I don't mean to be critical here because I am a big fan of Noah. But there is some room for very real improvement in Noah's game.

Last year, I noticed  that he was all in in a big way for plays directly in front of him. But Noah sometimes took plays off when the play moved away from the center of the field. I would like to see Noah consistently pursuing from sideline to sideline, and  he will have to be more engaged in this way, I think, to win a Butkus  award.

The good news is that you can bet that Lanning and the position coach most responsible for ILBs have watched film and have seen what  I, as an admitted nonexpert, have seen. If they can stimulate that kind of consistent involvement from Noah, he will not only become a better player, but serve as even a  greater leader on the field than he may already be.

• Thumbs Up 3