Charles Fischer

Head T&F Coach Robert Johnson Comments on NCAA Championships

"It was a disappointing weekend for our men, definitely a tough way to end the season but it's something we'll look at, and always look at win or lose, as we evaluate the year. I mentioned taking our lumps but this weekend is not the expectation and we'll bounce back. We had several first timers on both sides, men and women, in terms of competing at the NCAA Championships so some of those things take time to figure out."

"Everyone that qualifies for the national meet wants to do well when they get here, and sometimes you have a bad race or a bad weekend at the worst time, or sometimes it's just an off day. Now you go back and figure out what didn't work this time so that it's better the next time." 

"I can't thank the fans enough for showing up like they did this weekend to support the meet and all the team and athletes. This was definitely a truer experience of Hayward Magic compared to last year's meet, and I'm glad that our team got to feel that."

2022 NCAA Track and Field Championships in Eugene Oregon at Hayward Field. (Copyright Eric Evans/ Serei Hendrie)

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Uff-dah

That stunk

They'll be back. Hopefully Micah has qualified for the US meet and maybe the World's? 

Haven't been as big a fan since Dellinger left. For some reason it's not the same. Seems rather than a team it's mostly a couple of studs.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:53 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Haven't been as big a fan since Dellinger left. For some reason it's not the same. Seems rather than a team it's mostly a couple of studs.

Dual meets were a big part of our tradition that seem to have disappeared.  Miss the excitement of those  against the Bruins and Cougars.  

That old fan-focused kind of event has given way to a more calculated, season long development of talent seeking to peak for the PAC12’s and NCAA. 

It’s still great, but I do miss those rivalries.

• Thumbs Up 2

Puzzling that the Ducks weren’t the best finishers out of the pack. Not a good look for our recruiting effort.