Charles Fischer

The States Lanning Has Prioritized for Recruiting

Wowsa.  Over 330 scholarship offers extended over the 2023 and future classes, and I'm pleased to see the top three states of California (77), but in particular Texas (53) and Florida (44) as Lanning is serious about going where the talent is.

How many offers over the next four years are out to Oregon High School players?  Three.  (Yikes!)

default.png
247SPORTS.COM

A rundown of which states Dan Lanning has prioritized with scholarship offers

Mr. FishDuck

Not a lot of upper Midwest. Kinda surprising. Curious as to why that is. My guess is the current coaching staff does not have a lot of relationships with the movers and shakers in the midwest 

I believe it's the toughest area to go into to recruit. You've got tOSU,  Texas, ND, OK, Mich, Penn State, and Wisc, all top tier recruiters.

Then you have up and comers like MSU, Neb,  Cincinnati, the rest of the B10 and 12, and the South. Not "that" big of an area.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel
On 6/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Over 330 scholarship offers extended over the 2023 and future classes, and I'm pleased to see the top three states of California (77), but in particular Texas (53) and Florida (44) as Lanning is serious about going where the talent is.

Very logical, very smart, and it's the 80/20 rule applied to great effect. I would hazard a guess that about 70 to 80 percent of the top recruits are from these three states. At any rate, you can't go wrong focusing your efforts in these regions. Lanning has three of the four continental time zones covered--Pacific, Central, and Eastern.