kirklandduck

Kadyn Proctor Suddenly Drops Out

USATSI_16775945.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Tough break for the Ducks. 5-star OT Kadyn Proctor canceled his OV to Oregon and took the Ducks out of his...

• Great post! 1

I don't have subscriptions to the recruiting sites but I wonder what happened here.  One of the sites suggested that the Ducks had an outside chance of getting commitments this weekend from a trio of 5 stars, one of which was an OL, I believe?

I wonder if that predicted OL was Proctor or a different recruit?

• Whew! 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:22 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I don't have subscriptions to the recruiting sites but I wonder what happened here.  One of the sites suggested that the Ducks had an outside chance of getting commitments this weekend from a trio of 5 stars, one of which was an OL, I believe?

I wonder if that predicted OL was Proctor or a different recruit?

I believe the OT they were referring to is Samson Okuniola.

• Thanks 2

Proctor has always been a long-shot, as it would be very hard to overcome the home-town Hawkeyes in Iowa.  Reading the prior reports about him--I was surprised we were still in the running up to this date.  I am not worried because with this staff....

We'll figure it out
and get ours.

giphy.gif

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel
On 6/19/2022 at 7:48 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Proctor has always been a long-shot, as it would be very hard to overcome the home-town Hawkeyes in Iowa.

If anyone could have signed Proctor, it would have been Coach Lanning & Co., but admittedly it is a very difficult task to pry a native Iowan from the magnificent corn fields, majestic grain silos, and glistening tractors of that glorious land. All we have near Eugene are ho-hum sites like the Three Sisters, the McKenzie River, and the Pacific Ocean. 

Word on the street is that the visionary empire builders of Iowa are planning to build the state's first skyscraper. Contracting bids are out for the eye-popping three-story edifice that will make Des Moines a tourist mecca on par with Dubuque, and the project is expected to be completed by the fall of 2087.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:27 AM, Axel said:

Contracting bids are out for the eye-popping three-story edifice that will make Des Moines a tourist mecca on par with Dubuque, and the project is expected to be completed by the fall of 2087.

Shhhhhh! Top secret plans of just how eye-popping Iowa is going to be:

Architecture Gifts and Toys | Official LEGO® Shop US

I was a bit surprised at this, particularly at the sudden last-minute aspect of it.  But to each their own and Oregon has more than a few high blue chip offensively linemen visiting.  I hope it's going well this weekend so far for Oregon!

Guest Axel

Upon further reflection, it occurred to me that Iowa has not yet received the attention it deserves in this forum. This seems like the ideal time to do it.

So Kaydn Proctor has narrowed down his choices to two schools—Alabama and Iowa. This seems about as difficult a choice as a free agent has in picking between the Golden State Warriors and the Portland Trail Blazers.

But wait. Proctor is from Iowa. We’re not suggesting that Iowans are provincial, but as far as anyone knows, no resident of that state has dared cross the Rocky Mountains in about 65 years, and that was a poor schlep who took a wrong turn at South Dakota.

I know, I know. You’re saying, what about the Rose Bowl? Iowa fans have gone to the Rose Bowl as recently as 2016. Yes, true. But they all went the long way to get there—by way of New York, Morocco, Bangladesh, and Honolulu.

There’s just something about those Rockies. They are scary and not many Midwesterners like to cross them.

But back to Kaydn Proctor. Let’s assume that he stays home and signs with the Iowa Hawkeyes. Put yourself in his non-Nike shoes. Wouldn’t you want to live in Iowa?

Okay, you don’t need to answer that question.

Consider, though, the excellence of the University of Iowa. The board of regents has just upgraded its admission standards. To get into Iowa, you now need an eighth-grade diploma or a note from your mother.

Iowa prepares its students for a life of success (as long as they don’t stray beyond Iowa, like to Nebraska.) The University of Iowa turns out more tractor drivers, per capita, than anywhere in the union.

Iowa grads find themselves primed for exciting careers like driving a combine, shucking corn, filling grain silos, being a carny at the state fair, shucking corn, driving a tractor, and shucking corn.

In Oregon, Mt. Hood pierces the sky at 11,200 feet. Alaska’s Denali towers 20,000 feet above that marvelous land. In Iowa, the highest elevation and most remarkable geologic feature is a pool table at a tavern in Keokuk.

The flatness of Iowa extends everywhere—to its flat beer in bars to the flat heads of the people who choose to attend the University of Iowa. A popular hobby is eating sticks of deep-fried butter at the state fair and then flatlining. Other popular activities include engaging in flatulence.

We are told that Iowa is famous for many other things besides having a state fair, but we can’t seem to find a list of those things that would give anyone a reason to visit Iowa other than going to the state fair, which lasts maybe three days during tornado season.

(Ah, we did find something else that Iowa is famous for and that is getting stranded in a blizzard on Interstate 80 in the middle of January and becoming a human popsicle.)

Iowa is among the healthiest states of the union for hogs, which are well-raised, well-groomed, and well-fed before they are made into bacon which is overly consumed by Iowans, a big reason why Iowa is among the unhealthiest states of the union for people.

We certainly don’t blame Kaydn Proctor if he chooses to stay in Iowa, where they have a state fair and where the Hawkeyes compete for the Big Ten West and the opportunity to get their brains beaten in every year by The Ohio State University Buckeyes.

Who would want to play for Nick Saban and the University of Alabama? We all know that the Crimson Tide has needed to rely on lucky bounces for their many, many, many, many, many, many, many College Football Playoff berths.

I read the first sentence and my involuntary impulses to laugh begin...before I've read anything else.

And you did not disappoint..."most remarkable geologic feature is a pool table at a tavern in Keokuk."    😝

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Could be he wants to be #1  Left Tackle and felt the competition is to high.

It could be a uniforms issue; Proctor might be worried about never knowing what he was going to wear at Oregon. But at Iowa he just has to remember the Steelers.

Steelers:  

image.jpeg.bd319a3bb762f16f302c27f64b77a502.jpeg

Iowa:

Oh Honey, No…a Bucky's 5th Quarter Fashion Blog: University of Iowa Hawkeyes  - Bucky's 5th Quarter

• Thumbs Up 1