Charles Fischer

Extrapolating on Oregon's 2023 Recruiting Class--Top Ten?

Our Beloved Ducks currently have 10 verbals with half or five, being 4 or 5-Star rated recruits at Rivals.  If this trend continues, (and I believe it will) then when Oregon gets to 25 verbals, we should have 12 of the coveted 4 or 5-Star players.

If that happened, then the Ducks would break into the Top Ten ,or be pretty darn close if you look at last year's final standings or those of 2021.  Now my preference would be closer to 14 of them, but if we have a 5-Star or two among the 12--we could break in there as well.

I believe that the longer Lanning and this staff are here--the higher we will rise in the rankings no matter what conference we are in!

Jurrion Dickey

Valley Christian football star appears on The Kelly Clarkson Show

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Right now I'm feeling Moore and Young are very strong possibilities as far as five stars go. Yes Alabama currently leads for Young but I think if Oregon gets Moore then they get Young. 

They are not a package deal but they do seem close and Moore and be the final recruiter and recruiting pitch to get Young to join. 

Then Dickey could turn out to be a five star from some of the talk out there. 

That's possibly three five stars. 

Then there is always a chance this staff pulls off some crazy upsets along the way. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If we see a lot of success this year and player development, regardless of what B16g cOn ference we end up in, I think we'll get unprecedented number of 5* and finish top 5 or better.  I also did NOT stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night in Fairbanks, because rooms are $500 a night up here, but I'm still smart and my opinion is best.  Or maybe best western.

• Mic drop 1
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:55 PM, JDuck said:

If we see a lot of success this year and player development, regardless of what B16g cOn ference we end up in, I think we'll get unprecedented number of 5* and finish top 5 or better.

Agreed.  If people see it happening on the field...it will show up in recruiting as well.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Following Duck recruiting for years I have a real measured take.

I want the best class we can get, but anything inside the top 15 I don't think we can really complain about. 

Recruiting cycles ebb and flow, it's more about doing a consistent solid job, you don't have to land THE EPIC class every year.

As long as we fill our position needs in the class and coach them up, we will be fine of we go 15, 9, 12, 7 in the next 4 years.  

But I'd also take 9,5,7, 3 rated classes too.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2