Log Haulin

Could Teams Outside of SEC/B1G Be Left Out in the Cold

c86bf740-06cb-11ed-b57e-2677d03822b0
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

A new College Football Playoff is coming, but the chances of every league not named the SEC or Big Ten making...

The SEC's dream is coming to fruition.

This is so dirty. See how this shakes out but if the B1G and SEC get their way I hope everyone outside shut their tv and streaming services down.

• Mic drop 1

Wow...after reading this my guess is that USC and UCLA were wanting the PAC to get onboard with the 12 team playoff but inexplicably enough lower tier programs wanted to keep the status quo and tanked the deal. 

I suddenly view this whole situation differently.  This looks like a situation where decisions have consequences and we are now living those unfortunate consequences.

My guess is any school that was a part of tanking the 12 team playoff will be left out of a major conference going forward and will rarely if ever sniff the new playoff setup....hopefully the UO leadership wasn't a part of that group.

Edited by DCDuckfan
  • Yikes! 1
  • Whew! 1

I don't know the "rules" that make up the CFP, but B1G and SEC only have 2 of 11 votes if every conference gets a vote.  I have a feeling if the B1G and SEC try and say we will do our own thing the federal government may get involved.

• Great post! 1