97405Duck

Oregon 22

Discuss...

Why don't you start?  Why did you bring it up...what would you like to discuss?

Mr. FishDuck

From what I read it was pretty good for the athletes as the campus setting provided an “Olympic Village” scenario with housing and food located in one general area. 

• Applause 1

On 7/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

From what I read it was pretty good for the athletes as the campus setting provided an “Olympic Village” scenario with housing and food located in one general area. 

Yes, the campus dorms are really useful for providing that campy feeling.  I didn't get to any of the events this time, but the venue looked really good.  It almost seems necessary, for this kind of event, to have it near a campus when dorms are available.  Oregon has played that card very very well.  

My main thoughts were that the new stadium looked great, but that NBC's coverage was shockingly poor.  Then again, I'm a Duck.  They are more interested in wider audiences. 

Edited by 97405Duck
  • Go Ducks! 1

On 7/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Why don't you start?  Why did you bring it up...what would you like to discuss?

Actually, I brought it up because I was kind of surprised that it hadn't been discussed previously.  Apologies on that.  I should have been clearer.  Something more specific like, Does anybody have any thoughts or want to discuss the Ducks' First Ever (senior) Worlds?  I was just surprised that this hadn't been brought up, given the community involved. 

Edited by 97405Duck
  • Thanks 1

While there were Ducks in it (winning medals too!), and the venue was well showcased, it wasn't really a “Duck” event.

That said, I enjoyed watching clips on YouTube and some live streaming.  Thought Hayward Field looked great!

I know hotels were hard to come by clear to Salem, but had not heard of any nightmare crowd or traffic scenes from Eugene.

• Applause 1

On 7/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, ICamel said:
QDJYUNXYQVGXJKS5JGBB53RRK4.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The World Athletics Championship was busy week for some, a laid-back experience for others.

Thanks for that

On 7/24/2022 at 7:27 PM, PittDuck said:

While there were Ducks in it (winning medals too!), and the venue was well showcased, it wasn't really a “Duck” event.

That said, I enjoyed watching clips on YouTube and some live streaming.  Thought Hayward Field looked great!

I know hotels were hard to come by clear to Salem, but had not heard of any nightmare crowd or traffic scenes from Eugene.

Had to feel for Devon Allen.  He was really close to being able to do great things imo

• Thumbs Up 2