NJDuck

Canzano: The Price for Notre Dame to Turn Its Back on the Big Ten is Set

Wrinkles for the Irish to consider in their decision making to stay independent or move to the Big 10.

Where is all this going to lead to for the Pac-12?  For Oregon and Washington and others, the conference will need to be creative, monetary wise, to entice them from getting restless.  My own personal feelings, Oregon should push for an easy early exit clause to leave the conference if the Big 10 should come knocking.

I agree with Canzano, the conference needs to go slow and only make no-brainer moves when looking to expand the conference.  Good read on what the Pac-12 is looking into and considering what their plan might entail for the next contract.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

How much do the Irish need to stay independent?

Edited by NJDuck
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is an outstanding article, and Canzano has been superb at providing insight into the ongoing realignment saga.

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

Looks like when this all shakes out the SEC will poach most of the southern part of the USA, the B1G will have the north. Exception being the LA schools. Duck WILL be part of the BIG imo.

Not sure what happens with ACC, B12 and the Pac-12.  Probably become irrelevant and new lower tear conferences will be formed. Football I will watch because it will be great entertaining football. Beavs will be my team in that arena. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Canzano’s go slow approach for the PAC 10 seems not only right, but what most are thinking. But, how slow?  Somewhere between a chicken little,  knee jerk move and the geologic-age approach of David Shaw’s ‘it’ll all come back around to regionalism’ lays the answer. But, in the meantime, we don’t want to miss the boat.

And, timing is everything. Living now on the Olympic Peninsula, I’ve learned that the hard way every time I’ve missed a ferry.