Kurt Rambis

Michael Schill Leaving

Canzano just reported he's out the door for Northwestern.

Here again- it's tough to cast aspersions on this.   He was at the Univ of Chicago before coming to Oregon so this is an opportunity for him to go back 'home'.   Let's also be fair, Northwestern is a very prestigious institution and this is likely an opportunity he could not pass up. 

He will be missed.   He was always an academician and grew to love sports. While he will be greatly  missed at a time when his leadership on the P12 Presidents Council is vital, this sounds like it is a great opportunity for him. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I pretty much see few reasons to criticize anyone for taking a different job.  Now, there are some slimy ways to go about it (see:  Taggart, Willie), but I'm sure all of us have departed one job for another at some point, without any members of the general public criticizing us for our decision.

Could be preferring another part of the country.  A more prestigious academic institution.  Less influence from athletics.  Better pay or benefits.  Closer to family.  Wanted to work at a private institution with no interference from the state.  Just wanted a change or a new challenge.  

Good luck to him, and hopefully Oregon brings in a strong strategic leader.

• Thumbs Up 3

This could be good or bad depending on how you look at it, but Oregon probably just got one more vote to join the BIG.

😆 

• Thumbs Up 3

Hopefully the new hire will be a proven leader, not one who just checks the boxes.

Until reading Canzano's article, I didn't realize we have gone through 3 presidents since Frohnmayer left in 2009. I just hope we get the right guy and one who sticks around to give stability to changes academically and athletically. It just seems like we're a stepping stone to someone's "something better."

Here is the official announcement from the Board of Trustees.

TRUSTEES.UOREGON.EDU

University of Oregon Board of Trustees Chair Ginevra Ralph sent a message to the university community announcing President...