Pennsylvania Duck

Lanning: What Are You Willing to Sacrifice this Moment?

Motivating video at practice...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

I'm willing to sacrifice Oregon receiving a fair share of the revenue sharing if they join the B1G. They could accept less of a payout for a handful of years just to get their foot in the door. It's not my money, it's not your money, so why should any of us even care? Phil Knight has $55B, and he can subsidize us for a few years until we're equal members. When Phil Knight passes away (hopefully we can make him a hybrid human/AI  machine before then) he'll leave a ton of money for the Oregon Football program. Let's use that money now to position us for the future. 

That's my sacrifice...

Edited by 2002duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is a good short energetic video! The level of work required to be a D1 athlete is tough and the commitment of these kids is impressive. In addition to all of the time put into practice and working out these kids mostly do a good job in school. Plus, they handle more media questions than ever before and come off like seasoned pros for the most part.

Sacrifice is a thing that most of us admire but are not willing to do at the level of these players. Speaking for myself I know I could get my golf index from a 9 to around a 5 if I worked on my short game versus just banging balls at the range. Also, the last ten pounds I have been trying to lose will only come off if I make deeper changes. Maybe I need to play more motivational videos in my life to truly sacrifice like these players do!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

My kid is 9 and on his 2nd year of Tackle football.  I think after we get back from Atlanta I'm going to start showing him videos like this.  Gotta build that intensity.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, 2002duck said:

I'm willing to sacrifice Oregon receiving a fair share of the revenue sharing if they join the B1G.

I really don't like the idea of following the University of Spoiled Children to the B1G, but if the alternative is being left behind, so be it.

That being said.  To get to 100 Million per team (16 teams counting USC & UCLA) would need a 1.6 Billion package.  Doubt it gets that high. 1 Billion comes out to 62.5 Million each.  If you add the Ducks, each team loses almost 4 million.  That's 60 million across the board in losses for the other teams (at 3.75 mil each). 

I'm not sure the Ducks could take a big enough bath to get every B1G team on board, given the current market.