Pennsylvania Duck

Future Change in Governing College Football?...Possibility Discussed

CFP Board of Managers briefly discussed the possibility of restructuring how college football is governed, with the idea presented of major college football potentially being governed outside of the NCAA. 

I have seen many comments, not so complimentary, about the NCAA on this site. Is this change something you would like to see? Will it be good for college football?

Article from FishDuck Feed:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0817%2Fr1049579_
WWW.ESPN.COM

The 11 college presidents and chancellors who make up the College Football Playoff's Board of Managers met via Zoom on...

This isn't surprising if it comes to pass. 

It kind of needs to happen as well. 

College football takes so many resources to administer that really is too much for the NCAA to govern with the other sports. 

So getting a governming body in place that can just focus on football might mean some of these long standing recruiting infractions might get investigated. Looking at you Tennessee (which the investigation has only now begun). 

Especially in the world of NIL there needs to be a body that can actually police what is going on. 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:51 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

They couldn't be worse than the NCAA so why not?

They could... 

The NCAA is bad because they actively do nothing. 

A new governing body could actively do badly.

But I will say it is difficult to do worse than the NCAA currently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

At some point, these kids will be able to play regardless of a passing grade in class. The NCAA is losing its grip with remarkable speed. Will there be a time where there will be no infraction worthy of penalty? Maybe a bit facetious...maybe.

• Haha 1