Log Haulin

Leadership Emerging on Duck Defense

Photo-Mar-31-12-28-10-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Tosh Lupoi had blood dripping down his chin when walking up to the media on Thursday. “Full pads today,” he...

Lupoi is a beast. Sounds like he is mixing it up out there, showing his players how to lead. Nice to hear leadership is starting to take shape on defense. 

That is a great interview, and what he said about Lanning? Wowza!

And now that I’m starting to notice, there were 11 ads in that article!

Like everyone else, I’m just used to scrolling through them and reading the next paragraphs.

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/19/2022 at 10:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

That is a great interview, and what he said about Lanning? Wowza!

Like everyone else, I’m just used to scrolling through them and reading the next paragraphs.

I agree, great interview.  

And honestly, I don’t see the advertisements as a problem at all.  They are easy to scroll through.  The only ones that ever bother me are the ones that pop up and cover the text in an article I’m trying to read, the ones I’ve come across on this forum are not annoying to me at all.  No problem 

Stay focused, back to Lupoi and the Duck defense. 🙃

• Salute 1

It’s very encouraging to hear positive remarks about Bassa and Addison.  Especially referring to player communication and being on the same page as far as knowing where you should be and knowing responsibility and recognizing the correct call on defense.  

With the talent the Ducks have on defense, if they can become exceptional at working together as a unit, that could be the difference in being a good defense or being a great defense.  Or as Kirby puts it “becoming an Elite defense”.  

I don’t claim to know much about Coach Lupoi yet, I’m still learning about him.  It sounds like he is taking the right approach to get the defense to maximize its potential.  Like I said before, it sounds very encouraging.

• Thanks 2

With all the focus on family, becoming men, taking ownership of team and 1%. This staff seems to be creating a great culture in Eugene. 

Seems a great foundation to build "elite " on. When the staff is coming out of practice banged up I get excited. Shows a ton of passion and competitiveness. 

Coach needs some pads. Let's get it on! 2 weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/19/2022 at 9:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well, if people can deal with ads for Non-Family Friendly sites, I'm sure they can suffer through these.  You could always remind them how much a membership would cost, if you weren't to have ads!

• Thumbs Up 2