FishDuck Article

Lanning’s Nasty Oregon Overload Blitz!

This is a very cool blitz I noted, however the way that Oregon carried it out a few times in the Spring Game is something I have not seen from a Duck defense in the past. My friends, we have a ton of great new concepts to learn about the Oregon defense, and I'll be gradually bringing it to you!

FISHDUCK.COM

The concept of an Overload Blitz, where you have more pass rushers attacking one side than there are blockers to stop them–is not new. However the way that...
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I hope you all spend four minutes reading the above article, and the video is quite short--showing two plays is all.  The objective is to give you a taste of what is to come this fall...

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks for the article, Charles! You got us keyed into the pre-snap linebacker movement on the delayed blitz with the twist and now the pre-snap linebacker movement in the overload. 

I like how Adrain Jackson in the first play of your video drop back off the line of scrimmage and to the right to overload but keeps depth until the snap.

It looks like he has gone from showing blitz up on the line to shifting back to drop into coverage.

Since I watch the LBs I will be all over this in the Georgia game and I'm sure I'll see this and read blitz before the snap based on what I've picked up in your last two articles. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the breakdown! As an avid fan that has very little football experience these articles really help me understand what's going on with our defense and offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

LaDuke showed great patience on that play. Forcing the offensive lineman to commit to how they were going to block opened a lane straight to the QB. Well coached and executed for a spring game.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:32 PM, Log Haulin said:

LaDuke showed great patience on that play. Forcing the offensive lineman to commit to how they were going to block opened a lane straight to the QB. Well coached and executed for a spring game.

This is what makes me so pumped; if a seldom used reserve does it that well--then it must be well coached...already!  Whew!  I think a fast DB/money linebacker (I'll explain that later) could get to the QB even sooner.

Time for Turnovers!

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

The speed and high motor of Flowe is going to be a huge asset as well. I think Flowe has the ability to drop deeper in coverage quicker then the rest of the LB room.

Ducks should be able to mask the blitz coming frome the safety position and not lose coverage over the top.

If Sewell can get coached up in coverage from 5 to 15 and mitigate the TE threat, Lanning will be able to bring heat from anywhere on the field. Ducks were super soft with defending that area late last year.

The talent and scheme Ducks have should be able to compete with any offense in the country.  It's my opinion that this D should be better than UGA offense. Hope I am right.

• Thumbs Up 1