bretcole

Oregon-B1G

There are articles in the FishDuck Feed about this, and were posted this morning. The FishDuck Feed is where most articles will be, but we invite people to post an article that is in the FD Feed down here in the main forum area to begin discussion on a particular topic as you have.

Post it, but please give your thoughts as well and start the discussion.

The articles made reference to how Phil Knight and Tinker Hatfield are probably doing quite a bit behind the scenes to start the preliminary process before the school president and athletic Director get involved.

And I agree with you, it is a very B1G topic. Thanks for starting the discussion as a new OBD member.

Mr. FishDuck

The person issue I have with going to the Big Ten, other than wanting the Pac-12 to survive, is the championship. I’m from the mid-west and love that the game is in Vegas. It allows me to make a vacation of it. Why the hell would I want to go to a title game in Indiana? Lol. 

On Canzano and Wilner's podcast today, they said that currently all of the memeber want to keep the Pac together, but the reps are doing preliminary work in case that becomes an impossibility.

I also wonder if these rumblings will make ESPN give a better offer, not wanting to let another big program fall to a conference that they have no gain in. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

The person issue I have with going to the Big Ten, other than wanting the Pac-12 to survive, is the championship. I’m from the mid-west and love that the game is in Vegas. It allows me to make a vacation of it. Why the hell would I want to go to a title game in Indiana? Lol. 

On Canzano and Wilner's podcast today, they said that currently all of the memeber want to keep the Pac together, but the reps are doing preliminary work in case that becomes an impossibility.

I also wonder if these rumblings will make ESPN give a better offer, not wanting to let another big program fall to a conference that they have no gain in.

if anyone wants to listen to the Canzano and Wilner's podcast Coach Boles mentioned, I posted it on the FishDuck Feed.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:40 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

Additionally the regular season is cheapened again every so slightly. With the end game for the B1G being around 20 teams there will be a semi final and final for the championship game from what I have read over the past few months. 

A mini playoff for the conference championship.

Personally I want conferences small enough that everyone can play everyone or almost everyone in a year. Or at least be able to play every team in the conference every other year. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It wont be the same with out a chance to smash the Beav's !