Charles Fischer

A Solution to a Pass-Protecting Right Tackle is Emerging...

I was hoping he could get up to speed enough to at least be in there for the obvious passing downs.  Thanks to Pennsylvania Duck for posting this in the incredible FishDuck Feed!

Conerly got to work in the weight room once he did enroll at Oregon in June. He is listed at 294 pounds on Oregon's roster. That's 11 pounds heftier than his recruiting profile.  Huffman never doubted the rest. In his eyes, Conerly was a highly-advanced prospect with extremely impressive athletic traits. "I thought his football IQ, his acumen, his footwork, his magical footwork, his frame, his length, all show me [he could play early]," he explained.

247SPORTS.COM

Recruiting insider explains why he thinks Josh Conerly Jr. could play early

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

If the kid develops like they project, with the feet they say he has. He will be top 10 draft pick someday

I wanted to mention Tyrell Crosby, who seems to get lost in our discussion of great O-lineman. He didn't start the first game as a freshman, but played a lot of the first game, and started most of the season.  The guy was a very good O-lineman.

I suppose he gets lost because we had some extremely good O-lineman developed by the previous legendary coach Steve Greenwood.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I recall...that 2014 team had Crosby, Long and Grasu who went on to the NFL...so that was a pretty good group too.

Hroniss Grasu

Hroniss Grasu, Chicago, Offensive Line

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, Haywarduck said:

I suppose he gets lost because we had some extremely good O-lineman developed by the previous legendary coach Steve Greenwood.

Greenwood.  I know you knew that...

On 8/22/2022 at 6:54 PM, Mic said:

Greatwood. Spell checker is getting us both

• Applause 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:54 PM, Mic said:

I am pretty sure spellcheck changed Greenwood to Greenwood, see! I have a love, hate relationship with spellcheck, mostly hate.

• Haha 2

Maybe we should check to make sure Steve's all right - and that spellchecker didn't change him too!