ICamel

From the FishDuck Feed - Spencer Webb

THESPUN.COM

The girlfriend of a former Oregon Ducks football player who passed away is pregnant.  Kelly Kay, the girlfriend of former Oregon...

Too bad the author of this article (Andrew Holleran) is such a lazy journalist(I loosely use the word in his case) that he continuously writes Tyler Webb instead of correctly identifying him as Spencer Webb.

Why is he reporting it at all?  Doesn't he have a modicum of respect for both Spencer and his 'girlfriend' (Ms. Kay)?  This seems to me to be an intensely personal matter best left to the families - not the media.  Am I wrong?

And his continual miss-spelling of Spencer's name has me wondering if the 'news' is even true.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:47 PM, Mic said:

This seems to me to be an intensely personal matter best left to the families - not the media.  Am I wrong?

The author didn't break the story. Kelly Kay announced the baby's arrival on her Instagram page this morning. I ran across a lot of postings today regarding this subject while looking for FishDuck Feed material. I think many would not choose to announce the event in this public manner.

It sure is disrespectful for his name to be written wrong!

On 8/22/2022 at 7:04 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

The author didn't break the story. Kelly Kay announced the baby's arrival on her Instagram page this morning. I ran across a lot of postings today regarding this subject while looking for FishDuck Feed material. I think many would not choose to announce the event in this public manner.

Yes, this morning KPNW reported Kay announced it on Instagram.  

This puzzles me because I don't understand why people would announce (to the world, essentially) news like this publicly - unless it's to get attention.  But, it's Ms. Kay's prerogative to do so.  Personally, I think she should have cleared this with Spencer's family first.  It'd sure be a lousy way to learn the news - by an Instagram announcement.

I wish Ms. Kay well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just the same, a beautiful story which hopefully has pages of compelling reading going forward. Congrats to Kelly Kay, all the strength and luck going forward!

• Like 1

Has she announced the sex of the child?  A son would bring the story an even more compelling aspect.  Now that the news is public...

On 8/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, Mic said:

Yes, this morning KPNW reported Kay announced it on Instagram.  

This puzzles me because I don't understand why people would announce (to the world, essentially) news like this publicly - unless it's to get attention.  But, it's Ms. Kay's prerogative to do so.  Personally, I think she should have cleared this with Spencer's family first.  It'd sure be a lousy way to learn the news - by an Instagram announcement.

I wish Ms. Kay well. 

She was the streaker at the 2020 Super Bowl. I think it’s safe to say she likes the attention. 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, Mic said:

Has she announced the sex of the child?

No, she has not announced sex of child. The announcement just included a pic of her holding sign that Baby Webb is due. Also, it included a special note. A son would be very compelling.

I think I read somewhere once that she and Spencer were very active on social media with a following. Perhaps this announcement was a way to get word out to their fan base.