Mic

Any Bets (Gentlemanly) on the Outcome?

Ok, it was July 14, over 6 weeks ago, but little should have changed since then with the rosters of Oregon & Georgia.  Dylan Mickanen of Fan Nation was making his "way too early" game prediction for this game: 45-17 Georgia.  wow.  Personally, 'too early' or not, that's rather high, imo.

How far will Oregon fall (from #11) if this occurs?

How far will Oregon rise if the Ducks cover the spread?

How far will Oregon rise if (the sky falls and) Oregon squeaks out a win?

The same questions could be asked about Georgia, in reverse.  But, let's stay with the Ducks, if anyone's interested in commenting.

On 8/26/2022 at 12:48 PM, Mic said:

Ok, it was July 14, over 6 weeks ago, but little should have changed since then with the rosters of Oregon & Georgia.  Dylan Mickanen of Fan Nation was making his "way too early" game prediction for this game: 45-17 Georgia.  wow.  Personally, 'too early' or not, that's rather high, imo.

How far will Oregon fall (from #11) if this occurs?

How far will Oregon rise if the Ducks cover the spread?

How far will Oregon rise if (the sky falls and) Oregon squeaks out a win?

The same questions could be asked about Georgia, in reverse.  But, let's stay with the Ducks, if anyone's interested in commenting.

If Oregon loses by 20 or more we will drop at least 8 spots.  But, as Georgia's only good team they face until Alabama, they will keep us ranked in top 20.

We cover the spread, and Utah loses, we jump 3 places.  If we cover, and Utah wins as well,  we jump 1 space or remain same.

If we beat Georgia we come in right behind Ohio State

Edited by Pac10again
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't think the Ducks lose by 20....or by 17..I see this as a 12-14 point game.  The O/U is 51.5 but methinks that may be low.  I say 59or 60 is the O/U  Our defense is still finding their feet. Our offense should be clicking pretty good and should be able to score some. And your very own Bo Nix is a PITA when he gets outside the pocket. Ducks cover but lose. 

** None of this information should be used in an actual betting scenario. Should this information be used to place any type of wagers, bets or in a parlay, the losses incurred are solely the responsibility of the bettor and no recourse is available to the author. Any likenesses to a knowledgeable fan found herein are considered coincidental. Use this information at your own risk. Approximate monetary value contained in this post, real or imagined, is equal to the amount of change found in the cup holder of my 2018 F-150 Thank you for your consideration. **

Go Dawgs! 

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Whoever it was that mentioned Georgia's TE's needs to apologize to the rest of the people living in my apartment complex as the UGA TE's have caused me to scream uncontrollably day and night. Aside from their presence what I also see affecting the o/u is the pesky turnover early in the game.

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, Pac10again said:

If Oregon loses by 20 or more we will drop at least 8 spots.  But, as Georgia's only good team they face until Alabama, they will keep us ranked in top 20.

We cover the spread, and Utah loses, we jump 3 places.  If we cover, and Utah wins as well,  we jump 1 space or remain same.

If we beat Georgia we come in right behind Ohio State

Doing my math: If Oregon loses (failing to cover the spread) they still remain in the Top 20?  Possibly.  My guess is no, the pollsters pounce!

If Oregon covers the spread (my guess) they rise 3 to #8?   Bit too low, imo.  They rise 5 spots to #6 (this is the defending champs)

If Oregon wins somehow they come in just behind OSU?  Depends on what OSU does, of course. (but we beat OSU last year)

Also, if Oregon wins somehow I hate to think what will happen to Georgia and Kirby Smart.  As you say, without good teams to face till 'Bama it could be awhile before Georgia sees a Top 5 spot again.  Good answer though!

On 8/26/2022 at 1:43 PM, 30Duck said:

Aside from their presence what I also see affecting the o/u is the pesky turnover early in the game.

A good point.  Everyone will be watching to see if the ball carriers can hang on to the ball when Georgia hits 'em.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, McDawg said:

I don't think the Ducks lose by 20....or by 17..I see this as a 12-14 point game.

Kinda mimics my guess 20-10 Georgia.  But that's pretty optimistic.  I do think the Ducks will cover. First game jitters on both sides.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, Mic said:

Doing my math: If Oregon loses (failing to cover the spread) they still remain in the Top 20?  Possibly.  My guess is no, the pollsters pounce!

If Oregon covers the spread (my guess) they rise 3 to #8?   Bit too low, imo.  They rise 5 spots to #6 (this is the defending champs)

If Oregon wins somehow they come in just behind OSU?  Depends on what OSU does, of course. (but we beat OSU last year)

Also, if Oregon wins somehow I hate to think what will happen to Georgia and Kirby Smart.  As you say, without good teams to face till 'Bama it could be awhile before Georgia sees a Top 5 spot again.  Good answer though!

I forgot Ohio State is playing Notre Dame. .

On 8/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, Pac10again said:

I forgot Ohio State is playing Notre Dame. .

I try to forget Notre Dame myself.

• Salute 1