Charles Fischer

Pac-12 Taking Tons of Applications to Join?

This is interesting stuff, and I believe it ultimately helps Oregon fans.  Canzano has dug out stuff nobody else has, and I did not realize so many schools wanted to join us.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

More than a dozen schools have reached out.

Mr. FishDuck

It would appear that I'm the kind of person that when wronged, might cut off my nose to spite my face...  

By avoiding the B1G we ensure those dastardly Trojans and Bruins have to travel across the country all season long to play their games in the frigid north.  Couple that with my love for the Pac-12 (16 etc) and I find no motivation whatsoever to beg for entry to Warren's sandbox.  I'd much rather stay put, find some new friends and play in our own slightly smaller (but much cleaner) sandbox.  Who knows, with the right motivation perhaps I can even carve in a little Amazon stream through this sandbox that will bump up the value a few notches??? 

Good riddance to bad rubbish you feckless Trojans...

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Add SDSU, Fresno St., UNLV, Nevada, Utah St. and Colorado St.  

There is some symmetry there and geographic rivalries could spur these schools to up the ante on their programs. Will it compete with the 2 big leagues? No. But that ship has sailed already.  

Bring back the (now Pac16) championship game and hold it in the new LA Stadium. Then go beat out-of-conference teams in bowl games

On 9/1/2022 at 2:34 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

There is some symmetry there and geographic rivalries could spur these schools to up the ante on their programs. Will it compete with the 2 big leagues? No. But that ship has sailed already.  

Bring back the (now Pac16) championship game and hold it in the new LA Stadium. Then go beat out-of-conference teams in bowl games

Compare that conference, if adding the above mentioned teams, to the SEC or BIG.   Were going to be a B league.  And I believe Utah, along with both Arizona schools, will join the Big 12.

Edited by Pac10again

On 9/1/2022 at 2:34 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I would say have it in Vegas. You won't have either L.A school in your conference.

I think the B2G will ultimately hold some of their title games in L.A. It's now their second biggest market. Heck you might see the Rose Bowl become the B2G title game of the league grows too large. The Pac 10 may ultimately survive, but it won't be a league Oregon will want to be a part of. Neither will the ACC or Big 12 in a decade. 

I’m hearing that because the Big 12 is opening early negotiations themselves, there’s a mechanism that allows Texas and Oklahoma to leave for the SEC early. 

I wonder what that mechanism is and if it allows the same for the other teams. Could the Pac invite Big 12 teams now without the big buyouts?

• Thumbs Up 2