Mic

Thoughts about EWU

EWU won their game yesterday, a back-n-forth affair, over Tennessee State 36-29.  The game was tied late in the 4th when EWU scored the winning TD with 2:39 left to go.  

A revealing weakness on the part of EWU was Tenn States two TD passes, one of 67 yards and another of 57 yards.  They (EWU) also gave up a 43-yard TD run to the Eagles.  Seems to me that if Oregon can't manage to exploit those two glaring weaknesses with Nix at QB it would be a great time to give the ball to either Thompson or Butterfield (with the stronger arm) to see if they can do it.

As I said in an earlier post, I'd be shocked not to see either backups, (or both) next Saturday.  My heart says 55-0 Oregon.  My head says 36-21. 

Oregon just got crushed by probably the BEST team in all of college football. At the very least probably the no. 2 team. A team that has so much size and talent they may be able to compete with some of the bottom tier NFL teams. 

Seriously... Those were some monstrously HUGE guys Georgia has on their team. 

It was also an away game in a completely unfamiliar location. 

Oregon is also going to be motivated to improve and improve fast. 

It's a home game and fans and players alike are going to want to see a big Oregon win. 

I say Oregon wins by at least 3 touchdowns. 

Perhaps the best news coming out of getting beat by Georgia is that our team is in tact in terms of injuries. 

On 9/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, David Marsh said:

Oregon just got crushed by probably the BEST team in all of college football. At the very least probably the no. 2 team. A team that has so much size and talent they may be able to compete with some of the bottom tier NFL teams. 

Seriously... Those were some monstrously HUGE guys Georgia has on their team. 

It was also an away game in a completely unfamiliar location. 

Oregon is also going to be motivated to improve and improve fast. 

It's a home game and fans and players alike are going to want to see a big Oregon win. 

I say Oregon wins by at least 3 touchdowns. 

Perhaps the best news coming out of getting beat by Georgia is that our team is in tact in terms of injuries. 

Agreed. I'm not worried about EWU - we can maul them at the line of scrimmage.

BYU is the test. They have a possible 1st round tackle on a solid OL. That OL is the strength of their team. Their QB was good last year and should be improved this year. 

They are going to come after us with the pass just like UGA did, we better have our stuff squared away!

I only posted this with the desire to voice an opinion that Lanning should take this next opportunity to get some game experience for Ty Thompson and Jay Butterfield.  

What good does it do Oregon (beside lifting spirits a bit) to play Nix all game long if the Ducks "maul" the Eagles (as you say) for 4 straight quarters w/o getting Thompson and Butterfield in the game?  In my humble opinion these two young men need to play, preferably before Nix goes down with an injury or we lose one or both to transfer.

• Thumbs Up 1