Pennsylvania Duck

Notes From Dan Lanning's News Conference...Injuries, etc.

Right off the FishDuck Feed, here is outline of Dan Lanning's news conference just completed...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Follow live updates from Lanning's weekly press conference

More info on Popo Aumavae injury...seems quite serious

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Defensive tackle Popo Aumavae will miss the 2022 season with a foot injury he sustained in practice leading up to the Georgia game.

• Oh no! 1

Is Cota ok?  I didn't see his name being mentioned.  After watching the Spring game, I felt most confident with Nix passing to Cota on those 3rd and 4th down situations.  I'm surprised he dropped that pass.  Took one helluva shot to the rib cage though.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:43 PM, DuckIt said:

Is Cota ok?

There was no mention of Cota being injured in any report or tweet that I have seen after the press conference.

Re: OG Ryan Walk had a minor knee injury...info about his replacement during game from FishDuck Feed; see lower tweet.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:43 PM, DuckIt said:

Is Cota ok?  I didn't see his name being mentioned.  After watching the Spring game, I felt most confident with Nix passing to Cota on those 3rd and 4th down situations.  I'm surprised he dropped that pass.  Took one helluva shot to the rib cage though.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Chase Cota had a nice Oregon debut while Noah Sewell was uncharacteristically quiet. Here’s our Week 1 Stock Report:

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The game was harder for us than practice” and they went about correcting that today.

this quote is super important. This is a building the future culture quote. The players now know what they need to do. It's one of those things that you can be told but don't really understand until you expirence it in a bad way. 

I think this loss may be the most important loss in Lanning's career at Oregon. This is when his culture will start to take hold. 

the current players will practice and play better. And they will pass it on to next year's players and so on. 

• Let’s hope! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

This article just in to the FishDuck Feed will give you more info on players with dings, bumps and bruises. Chase Cota is one of those in that category. None expected to miss next game,

247SPORTS.COM

Dan Lanning says Popo Aumavae will likely miss season with foot injury

Just released from FishDuck Feed...WATCH: Dan Lanning reviews Georgia loss, looks ahead to home-opener vs Eastern Washington

247SPORTS.COM

Hear from Oregon head football coach Dan Lanning as he reviews Oregon's 49-3 loss to Georgia to open the season, provides an...

On 9/5/2022 at 7:43 PM, DuckIt said:

Cota had one great reception, then left the field, at least temporarily, later in the game after being on the receiving end of a huge hit to the lower rib/gut area. Not sure if he returned.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:57 PM, David Marsh said:

The game was harder for us than practice” and they went about correcting that today.

this quote is super important. This is a building the future culture quote. The players now know what they need to do. It's one of those things that you can be told but don't really understand until you expirence it in a bad way. 

I think this loss may be the most important loss in Lanning's career at Oregon. This is when his culture will start to take hold. 

the current players will practice and play better. And they will pass it on to next year's players and so on. 

You are spot on.  Here's an article from October of 2017, so midway through Smart's second season as the new HC of the Dawgs.  Honestly, I'd bet a very similar article could be written about the Ducks sometime in '23.  

WWW.DAWGNATION.COM

Georgia players now say the culture change since Kirby Smart arrived is real, and the results have been spectacular, as this year's start shows.

Quotes from 2017:

At its core, practice habits seem to be the main emphasis. Making practices harder than the games, to put it in the most simple terms.  “The harder you practice the easier the game is,” junior receiver Terry Godwin said. “I would say the culture change to us is just buying into what Coach Smart brought in. I feel like the majority of this team has done it. And it goes to show on game day. You see what it’s producing.”

“Last year, it wasn’t what guys expected. It wasn’t what guys were used to,” Michel said after beating the Vols on Saturday. “A lot of decisions Coach Smart was making — as a player, if something is hard, your natural instinct is to be defiant and not want to do it. But once you buy in and it works, it’s fun.”

“I think we’ve grown up a little bit as a team,” Smart said. “I think they’ve seen the evidence in the practice habits they have. We didn’t know it would get the results we wanted from our practice habits last year. They’ve bought in to the fact that if they’re physical on Tuesday and Wednesday, they’ll be physical on Saturday. That’s carrying over.

Edited by JunkyardDawg
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good news from Popo Aumavae...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2