Charles Fischer

Whoa! Oregon AP No. 25?

I am glad that Oregon can bounce back so quickly in the minds of the press. I see Georgia has overtaken Alabama for No. 1, and potential and future opponents are…

BYU No. 12

Utah No. 14

USC No. 7?

• Cool 1

Mr. FishDuck

A win over BYU would do a lot to salve the wounds we took last weekend.  And it could do a lot for our consideration of getting back in the top 20 again.  From there, it will take a win over Utah to get much higher;  a win over WSU (after upsetting Wisconsin) would also help a lot.

Edited by Mic
  • Applause 1

Interesting about a Ducks win propelling them back into the Rankings. I'm surprised about Georgia ascending to No.1 It's supposed to be based on body of work, but I feared that since Alabama "beat" Texas, on the road, it wouldn't be held against them. So, credit to the voters. But not too much with SC being voted No.7 for beating Rice and Stanford. 

• Thumbs Up 2

While I'll concede that the ranking mean very little at this point, I hate the inconsistent of the polls.

Why does a programs like Wisconsin historically get placed highly in the polls, and then when WSU takes them down, WSU is hardly rewarded in the polls? In fact, Penn St. is rank higher than WSU, when they've beaten no one of significance. Then, you have Texas A & M still remains in the polls, while the team they lost to doesn't appear in the polls. One thing I did agree with is Texas sliding into rankings. Most of these issues will get ironed out in time...still early for the voters to figure it out. I watched that WSU game, and its  going to be a battle...they're all heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2022 at 2:30 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am glad that Oregon can bounce back so quickly in the minds of the press. I see Georgia has overtaken Alabama for No. 1, and potential and future opponents are…

BYU No. 12

Utah No. 14

USC No. 7?

I tend to get a little pithy about the Ducks from time to time but.....The Ducks are always #1 to me even if they play like #2

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2022 at 3:11 PM, Legion said:

I hate the inconsistent of the polls.

Just to frustrate us further, our Ducks lost votes in both polls. While remaining at #24 in the AFCA Coaches Poll, they lost 9 votes, and moved up to #25 in the AP Poll and lost 42 votes.

Crazy!