idontrollonshobbas

Recruiting Linemen in Our New System

If you were a HS lineman who had been considering Oregon before, wouldn't you be even more interested now given the play of both lines through 3 weeks?

I think Klemm and Tuioti have these lines playing more cohesively than they ever did under Web Ewbank (our last coach whose scheme antiquity set us back to the 50's) and Lupoi and Dilly schemes make the game fun and challenging, as opposed to pounding sand each play.

So, you big fellas out there looking for a landing spot, come on down!

Most of our most productive linemen were recruited before this new coaching staff arrived, so it's to soon to make sound judgement on this, imo.

That said, the way they have things going (right now, sans the Georgia game) it's looks promising.  I guess we'll know a lot more in a year or two.

I did notice that Riley and Rogers started on the DL....new transfers in this year.

• Go Ducks! 1

We have an elite class of defensive linemen verballed to us for signing this February, and I've gotta think that with what recruits will see of Dilly's offense and how well Klemm has coached them--it would be very attractive.

But it is a very thin year of high school offensive linemen, and there usually very few good OL available in the portal.  We will be looking for late-bloomers, take a flyer on a project player or two and look at the JCs as well.  But everybody is doing that with it being a thin year, so no assurances.

I am confident that we'll recruit fewer D-Linemen next year, and more O-Linemen.  Especially with how much fun this offense looks and will translate well for NFL prospects.

Bucky Irving_Eugene Johnson.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Who knows (yet) - could be the major emphasis going forward with this new staff might trend towards D-linemen?  Although, I believe Lanning is smart enough to know he needs quality on both sides of the ball. I suspect O will go after players to fill talent gaps wherever those gaps are.