Smith72

Noah Sewell Doing His Job VS BYU!

Where was Noah Sewell?  He was doing his job.  Sometimes a player doesn't get a stat but their contribution is very important.

Dorlus makes a great play, but watch Noah Sewell set the edge.  He takes out the TE and Tackle double team causing the bottleneck to slow the  pulling linemen and back allowing Dorlus to make the play!

#6 Jahlil Florence (true freshman) was also there to help clean up.  Good team defense.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 2:08 PM, Smith72 said:

Noah Sewell set the edge

Nice call he took on two defenders making that play happen. I like Noah on the edge he can pressure the quarterback set the edge as he is plenty big and he's fast enough to roll out in the flats for a quick pass or defending his side of the field against the run.

Versus passing teams this is where we may see him play as there's better LB's in coverage.

• Thumbs Up 1

One data point, that others more knowledgeable than me can interpret, is the linebacker snap count from the BYU game, courtesy of Ducks Wire:

• Jeffrey Basa 38
  • Jackson LaDuke 31
  • Noah Sewell 28
  • Keith Brown 24
  • Mase Funa 24
  • Thumbs Up 1

In another post I mentioned a few plays Sewell did a good job in pass coverage. He took his assignment out of the play.

Teams scheme away from Sewell as they did KT last year. It is a show of ultimate respect.

Ducks have two defenders in Sewell and Gonzo that teams scheme around. Taking away huge chunks of field for opposing offenses. 

With this coaching staff, Ducks will only get better game to game. This could be a special year for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/19/2022 at 1:55 PM, jrw said:

One data point, that others more knowledgeable than me can interpret, is the linebacker snap count from the BYU game, courtesy of Ducks Wire:

• Jeffrey Basa 38
  • Jackson LaDuke 31
  • Noah Sewell 28
  • Keith Brown 24
  • Mase Funa 24

Probably dependent on what the opponent's offense is trying to do and what O's defense is doing to counter it.