Smith72

Impressive UO Running Backs

I was a fan of Cardwell.  I'm still a fan of Byron.  I was familiar with what he did for the Ducks last year. 

After 2 games I thought he should be the starter.  I hope he gets healthy and gets back into the rotation.  He will contribute again.

I wasn't familiar with the new backs Bucky Irving and Noah Whittington.  But now, WOW, I'm really impressed with both backs.  Also equally impressed with the true freshman Jordan James.

Bucky and Noah do everything a good running back should.  They attack the hole quickly, have great vision, make quick cuts, slide steps, and spins, then finish with super aggression trying to punish tacklers.

Hats off to Coach Locklyn for leading and developing the running backs.  I think he's brought the SEC style of running to Oregon - A physical punishing attack.

Go Ducks!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

After watching Whittington  make his cuts, and pick his holes,   I believe he is even better than Travis Dye,  In mho,   he just seems to have better vision. Our running back stable   seems to be in great shape this year

Edited by florida duck
add comment
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I think the running game has improved from last year. The O-line's blocking, the RB coaching, along with the improved RB room.

It is nice to see our running game expand, and look more like the past, our great running game past, that is.

I only wish Verdell had a chance to develop in this program. He was a warrior for the Ducks, but wasn't developed like these guys are being. It is nice to see us move forward! Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Bucky showed glimpses of his talent early this year and now is coming into his own. How about that really tough catch he made over the middle with two defenders on him! Travis who.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

We ran a particular play all game...I call it the Tight End Power, where the off-side H-Back and the guard pull to the other side. In one Red Zone play in the first half that got stuffed outside...Bucky did not see a cutback to an inside lane that could have scored instead of being stoned outside.

Later in the game on a key down--he did see that inside lane, took it and made the first down.  They are learning and their vision is improving.  Love it!

LOS_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I was skeptical in the beginning with the rotation, but it seems to be shaking out quite well.

Certainly can't say the pecking order hasn't been earned. 

• Thumbs Up 1