Babyjesus615

BSU QB Hank Bachmeier Enters Transfer Portal

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Bachmeier was a four-year starter, but turmoil at the start of the 2022 season led to his departure

The wheels seems to be coming off at Boise State in a hurry! First the OC is given his walking papers and now Bachmeier wants out!

He's looked bad this year but lets be honest; the play-calling has been more to blame than his actual performance (i.e. Anthony Brown, Justin Herbert). Let's see where he winds up.

Another former-duck-assistant-goes-back-to-alma-mater-to-head-coach fail. 

On 9/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

Another former-duck-assistant-goes-back-to-alma-mater-to-head-coach fail. 

Maybe premature, we'll see.  It definitely does illustrate how hard it is to be a Head Coach at the collegiate level; esp. Div. I.  

I'm very happy that we have what appears to be a coach for our team that might have the 'right stuff'.  It'll be great to see him win games.  It will be sad to see what the pressures of holding that position can do to a young man. Such is life.  GO OREGON.

• Thumbs Up 2

Avalos as a defensive coordinator at Oregon was in the same position Chip Kelly was at HC. They both inherited a lot of talent (players and staff) which, in turn, caused their strengths to shine and their weaknesses to be overshadowed.

When both were given the task of forming their own team with their own identity, the flaws began to show. I want to see Avalos succeed. Hopefully he can snag an up-and-coming OC to right this ship. Montana State and Southern Alabama come to mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of issues at BSU according to 'insiders'.   Don't know any specifics but have heard via some message boards things are not copacetic with Andy.   

There is/was some reason Da'Vell Winters left.   When AA got the job at BSU he made Da'Vell chief of staff.   Then late last year Da'Vell was on Linked In looking for a job.   He is now Director of Player Development at FAU working for Willy Taggart.